Do you run a poultry farm and want to expand or diversify? here are the top 10 tips for growing or growing your poultry business.
Raising poultry is a good thing, but many people fail and suffer heavy losses in this industry. even. The poultry industry has been around for many years, and while some people smiled at the bank and expanded their businesses, many investors blamed themselves for doing business.
I always remind people that no business is easy, that in any business there is always a risk of failure. Even if it’s just selling candy; if you don’t do it right, you can’t be successful.
I also always remind people that every business has commerce. secrets “And a lot of people fail in business because they don’t know the trade secrets of their business. Poultry, like any other business, has trade secrets that you need to know to increase your chances of success. Here are some of the trade secrets to grow your poultry business: –
Top 10 Tips for Growing / Growing Your Poultry Business
1. Start small: do not start large scale poultry farming if you do not have experience in this field. I have seen a lot of people make this mistake and it is wrong. They read how people earn millions from poultry and then continue to invest their savings in the business. Some will even seek loans to start a business in which they have no experience.
For a business like poultry, you have to start small and then grow gradually as your business grows and the demand for your products increases. You should also do a proper feasibility study before you get to work. If you have too many competitors, or the supply of poultry products exceeds demand in your area, find another place to start your business or find another business to start. There are several other lucrative businesses in the breeding industry that you can consider.
2.Consider the packaging and production of meat -: Many people buy poultry products from grocery stores and supermarkets. Very few people still buy live animals because they find it less stressful to buy prepackaged meat that you can use to prepare meals in minutes. Therefore, you should consider starting your own meat production and packaging business to sell your farm products.
Once you have a poultry farm, starting a meat packing business is pretty straightforward. Just create a place to slaughter and clean animals, hire butchers and buy equipment that will make work mechanized and faster, refrigerators, then go to food regulatory agencies in your area for a license and a boom. ! You are ready to pack your own meat.
3. Have your own point of sale -. Another way to grow your poultry business is to have your own retail outlet rather than relying solely on supply from retailers. You don’t need to have too many outlets; You can only start with one. You can sell your branded chicken, chicken cuts and fresh eggs to consumers.
4. We offer mobile sales and delivery services -: 24 hours a day is not enough for most of us due to our busy lives. Now imagine that you have to cook, shop, take care of the children, do the housework and keep a job of 9 to 5 people. For many working parents, this is really a challenge, which is why mobile sales and delivery services still work.
Many people consider that these services are alive and that they are saved; a service that gives you what you need without having to deal with stress and movement. With one or two minibuses, you are ready to start offering these services in your area, which also increases your income.
5. Hire sales representatives: Don’t assume that your business is too small to hire sales reps, or that your poultry business isn’t serious enough to have sales reps. Here in my office I have someone who brings me fresh eggs every week and frozen chicken when I feel like I have chicken.
She is a sales representative and earns a commission for each item she sells. I was also able to present her to my colleagues and friends who regularly buy from her. Now his employer is a very smart poultry farmer because even when I shop at the grocery store I only buy their products. Having a sales representative is a good way to increase awareness of your products and increase sales.
6.Have your own hatchery – … Instead of buying day-old chicks, it is more cost effective to have your own hatchery to hatch new chicks. You will be able to reduce your withdrawal costs and increase your productivity compared to transferring services to other people.
7. Create your own food – … Another tip for growing your poultry business is to have your own mill to produce chicken feed. Making food for chickens is not that difficult; if you can learn how to raise chickens, you can learn how to make chicken feed, and if you can reduce your feed production costs, you can increase the overall profitability of your business.
8. Hire experienced staff -: Another way to grow your poultry business is to hire people with experience in the operational aspects of the business. If you have a very large poultry farm, you can hire business consultants to suggest ways to expand your poultry business.
9. Take inventory regularly: you should also keep an eye on the exit from your farm. You should have a store where the eggs are stored and have people who will be responsible for keeping and keeping records of the chickens. This will help prevent theft.
10. Apply for government grants -: Agriculture is something that has always interested the government and that is why there are many programs to support investors in the agricultural sector. These support programs are carried out in the form of loans and grants from the government. You must monitor and apply for such grants.