Are you going to open a café-livre? If YES, here is a complete example of a feasibility study of a book cafe business plan template that you can use for FREE .
Ok, so we’ve covered all the requirements for starting a coffee-book business. We also took it a step further by analyzing and writing a sample coffee-book marketing business plan template backed by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for book-cafes. So let’s move on to the business planning section.
Why start a coffee business with books?
As a budding entrepreneur looking to start a business, one of the businesses you can start successfully without too much stress in a coffee-book. While starting up and starting up can be less stressful, it’s important to note that a coffee shop business requires significant investment capital, careful planning, and focus to keep your business profitable.
The demand for book cafe services may decrease due to the multitude of options available to book lovers, but on the other hand, if you know how to position your business, buy good, trendy books, a good one. cafe, and if you have one available fast or free internet, you will enjoy this type of activity.
So, if you decide to open your own book cafe, you need to make sure that you have done a thorough feasibility study as well as market research. A business plan is another very important business document that should not be taken for granted.
Below is an example of a coffee book business plan template that can help you write your copy successfully with little to no difficulty.
Sample coffee book business plan template
- Overview of activities
A book cafe or bookstore or literary cafe, as it is also called, is a type of book-themed cafe where book lovers and other interested people go to read books, buy books, drink coffee. and discuss. This is a book-themed kind of cafe that will also create an atmosphere for relaxation, as well as casual dining based on an extensive cosmopolitan menu.
The Book Cafe is a place where you can maximize your time and read your favorite books in a very ideal and comfortable environment. …
The concept of book cafes might not have been popular at that time, but there are people who every time they visit the city look for and visit a book cafe. They know it’s in the book café that they can connect with some of the city’s brightest minds.
The cafe-books industry is really big and there is hardly any (international) airport that you have won You won’t find any cafe-books where you can either connect your gadget via their Wi-Fi or log on to your computer to surf the web while you wait for your flight.
A good thing about starting a Coffee Business book is that besides people coming to read books and magazines, you can also earn a good amount of income by selling coffee and snacks. So all you have to do if you want to maximize your coffee-book business is strategically position the business and you will be amazed at the way people are heading to your coffee-book.
Coffee business plan summary
Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC is a standard and licensed book café and café that is fully equipped with a wide variety of books. The book café will be located at the busiest airport in the United States, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. We are located in a location with the correct demographics of people who regularly visit book cafes.
We are a new book cafe with well-designed and well-furnished shelves and a delicious menu of baked goods, quality espressos and many different wines. We have positioned our book cafe so that all of our customers can browse one of the hundreds of local and foreign books, magazines and newspapers that will be available on the Internet.
In addition to reading a wide range of books, our customers can also enjoy freshly brewed organic tea as well as homemade coffee. We offer free internet access, electrical outlets, street parking right in front of the book cafe and all day breakfast.
We do not forget that building a Standard Book Cafe from scratch requires a huge investment, especially in the purchase of books, internet equipment (servers and computers) and software applications, etc. have therefore developed plans for a constant cash flow. it is safe to say that we have a strong financial position and are ready to take on any challenges that we face in the industry.
We will ensure that all of our employees are handpicked from a pool of qualified, customer-focused individuals in and around Hartsfield – Jackson, Atlanta. We will ensure that all our employees receive the necessary training to enable them to meet the company’s expectations.
At Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC, our customers will always come first and everything we do will be guided by our values and professional ethics. We will deliver on our accountability to the highest standards, meeting the needs of our customers accurately and comprehensively.
Shanice Davies® Book Cafe, LLC is owned by Shanice Davies and her immediate family. Shanice Davis holds a BA in Library Science from the University of Georgia; MIZ. a computer science degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee; Master of Business Administration from the University of Chicago Business School.
- Our products and services
Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC is poised to offer a variety of book café services in the United States of America. We intend to open our Book Cafe in Hartsfield, Jackson, Atlanta to take advantage of the industry and we will do everything permitted by US law to achieve our business goals and objectives.
Our commercial offers are listed below;
- Provide a wide kind of local and foreign books, magazines and newspapers
- Provide fast and secure internet services.
- Provide cheap and secure international internet calls
- Provide fast and secure teleconferencing services
- Provision of document scanning and photocopying services
- Sale of books and magazines
- Sale of soft drinks, coffee and snacks
Our vision is to create a warm, relaxing and welcoming public space for book and coffee lovers of all ages in and around Hartsfield – Jackson, Atlanta; we want to support a culture of reading in our society.
- Our mission statement
Our mission is to create a book-equipped cafe that will be the preferred choice of customers in and around Hartsfield – Jackson, Atlanta.
- Our corporate structure
The success of any business depends to a large extent on the business structure of the organization and the people who fill the available roles. Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC will create a solid business structure that can support the growth of our book business.
We will make sure to hire knowledgeable staff to help us build the business of our dreams This is the business structure we will be creating Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC;
- General manager
- Manager / Supervisor
- Administrator and HR manager
- Head of Marketing and Sales Department
- IT manager
- Customer Support Agent / Customer Service
Roles and responsibilities
- Improves management efficiency by recruiting, selecting, targeting training, coaching, counseling and discipline of managers; transfer values, strategies and goals; distribution of responsibilities; planning, monitoring and evaluation of work results; develop incentives.
- Responsible for providing advice for the business.
- Creating, communicating and implementing the vision, mission and general direction of the organization, i.e. leadership in the development and implementation of the organization’s overall strategy. ,
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Measures the success of the organization
Manager / Supervisor
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day affairs of the Book Cafe, including the procurement of equipment and the implementation of Book Cafe strategies and operations;
- Perform a needs assessment and recommend books and magazines that should be on our shelves
- Responsible for defining and achieving performance objectives in terms of speed, efficiency, sales and quality;
- Ensure that all relevant messages, records and data are updated and recorded;
- Advise clients on available books, drinks, snacks and services;
- Liaise with leaders, team leaders, agents and third parties to gather information and resolve issues;
- Coordination of recruitment, including writing job advertisements and maintaining contact with staff;
- Check staff efficiency. f, identify training needs and plan training sessions;
- recording statistics, user metrics and Book Cafe performance levels and preparing reports;
- deal with the most complex customer complaints or requests;
- Responsible for the organization of personnel, including shift schedules.
- Management of the organization’s website and server room
- Responsible for the continuous updating of our online security platform
- Make sure our payment platform is secure 24/7
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of the private automatic trading exchanges (PABX), phones, software and computer hardware of the organization
- Management of logistics, web servers and POS systems (points of sale)
- Responsible for the continuous updating and maintenance of IT systems
- Responsible for creating tickets for the Book cafe.
- Performs all other technological and IT responsibilities.
Administrator and HR manager
- Responsible for supervising the smooth running of the staff and administrative tasks of the organization
- Support office supplies by checking inventory; place and expedite orders; evaluation of new books, magazines, newspapers and other products.
- Ensures the operation of studio equipment by meeting preventive maintenance requirements call for repair.
- Identify hiring jobs and manage the interview process
- Organization of information sessions for new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and evaluation of employees
- Responsible for organizing trips, meetings and appointments
- They oversee the smooth running of the office.
Marketing and Sales Manager (Business Developer)
- Identify, prioritize and reach new partners and business opportunities, etc.
- Identifies business opportunities; monitors development and contacts; participates in the selection of books and magazines that should be on our shelves
- Responsible for overseeing implementation, protecting customer needs and communicating with customers
- Documents all contacts and customer information
- Represent the company at strategic meetings
- Helps increase sales and business growth
- Responsible for the preparation of the financial statements, budgets and financial statements of the organization
- Provides management with financial analyzes, development budgets and accounting reports
- Responsible for financial forecasts and risk analysis.
- Manages cash management, accounting and financial reporting for one or more objects.
- Responsible for the development and management of financial systems and policies
- Payroll manager
- Application of tax laws
- Manages all the financial transactions of the company
- Serves as the company’s internal auditor
Customer service executives / support agent
- Ensures that all customer contacts (email, built-in hub, SMS or phone) provide the customer with the highest level of personalized customer service experience.
- By interacting with customers over the phone, every opportunity is used to increase customer interest in the company’s products and services.
- Effectively and timely allocates administrative responsibilities assigned by manager.
- Distribute mail throughout the organization
SWOT analysis of the coffee business plan
Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC hired a consulting and structuring specialist to help the organization build a standard and profitable book café. Part of what the business consultant did was work with company management to conduct a SWOT analysis for Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC.
Here is a summary of the results of a SWOT analysis conducted on behalf of Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC;
We can boast of having several hundred local and foreign books, magazines and newspapers in print and electronic form. We are fully stocked and equipped with everything you need for a 24/7 book cafe with a well-planned shift system. We are located in the heart of Hartsfield – Jackson, Atlanta – Georgia and we know we will attract many customers from day one of our Book Cafe for Business.
As a new business for the Book Cafe in Hartsfield – Jackson, Atlanta, GA, it may take some time for our organization to enter the market, which is perhaps our biggest weakness. Another downside is that we may not have the funds to promote our business the way we would like.
The opportunities in the book and magazine industry are enormous, especially in Hartsfield – Jackson, Atlanta, and we are ready to seize any opportunity that presents itself.
The truth is that with advancements in technology and the cheaper internet, it has become easier for people to buy internet connections, browse and read any book or magazine they want on their own. mobile gadgets (smartphones, tablets and tablets). Another threat we might face is the emergence of a new book cafe in the same location as our target market.
Business analysis of the business plan market
- Market trends
In an effort to stay afloat and make their business profitable, book cafes make sure to add sources of orders to their business; they cite other sources of income such as selling coffee and snacks, providing fast and secure internet browsing services, providing cheap and safe international internet calls, providing fast and secure teleconferencing services , the provision of document scanning and photocopying services.>
- Our target market
The Book Cafe target market encompasses everything through its service offerings. In this regard, we have developed strategies that will allow us to reach the people we know will need our services. We have conducted market research and polls and will make sure our Book Cafe attracts clients we would like to work with.
Below is a list of people and organizations to whom we specifically promote our services;
- All adults in the places where our café-book is
- Students who will have to carry out research
- Job seekers who will need to read certain documents in preparation for interviews, as well as complete online applications
- All coffee lovers
Our competitive advantage
We are aware that there are tougher competitions in the book cafe in the United States of America, so we have been successful in hiring the best developers to handle our sales and marketing. Our complementary services – a fully functional business center and cafes and restaurants will enable us to attract many clients.
Finally, our employees will be well taken care of and their social security package will be one of the best in our category. (startups order business cafes) in the industry, which means they’ll be more than willing to start a business with us, help us achieve our goals, and meet all of our goals and objectives.
Book Cafe Business Plan SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
Our sales and marketing team will be recruited on the basis of their extensive business experience and will receive regular training to achieve their goals and the overall objective of the organization. We will also ensure that our excellent service (fast, reliable and secure internet access) speaks for us in the market.
Our business goal is to get our coffee-book business to number one on the All Hartsfield – Jackson, Atlanta, GA list, so we’ve strategized to help us take advantage of the market.
Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC will use the following marketing and sales strategies to attract customers;
- Promote our business in relevant magazines, newspapers, TV and radio stations.
- list our company on yellow ad pages (in local directories)
- Participation in relevant international and local book fairs and exhibitions, book café seminars and conferences, etc.
- Use the internet to promote our business
- Involvement in direct marketing
- Encourage word of mouth marketing from our loyal and satisfied customers
Source of income
Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC was established with the aim of maximizing profits in the book café business and we will do our best to reach our target market. Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC will generate revenue by providing the following services:
- Provide a wide range of local and foreign books, magazines and newspapers
- Provide fast and secure internet browsing services
- Provide cheap and secure international internet calls
- Provide fast and secure teleconferencing services
- Provide document scanning and photocopying services
- Sale of books and magazines
- Sale of soft drinks, coffee and snacks
It’s a sure thing when it comes to ordering coffee services; it’s always cheaper and safer for people to read any book or magazine they want, both hard and soft, and for small businesses and start-ups to hold conference calls or web meetings. This means that any well-equipped and well-located Book Café will always attract customers.
We are well positioned to take on the affordable Hartsfield market – Jackson, Atlanta, Georgia and beyond, and we are quite optimistic that we will achieve our stated goal of generating sufficient revenue / profit in the first six months of business. ‘operating and developing the business and our customers. outside of Hartsfield – Jackson.
We were able to critically examine The Café Services Book, analyzed our chances in the industry, and were able to formulate the following sales forecasts based on information gathered from the field and some assumptions specific to Hartsfield – Jackson startups. , Atlanta, Georgia.
Below is the sales projection for Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC, based on the location of our business and other factors related to book café launches in the United States;
- first fiscal year: $ 140,000
- Second year: $ 250,000
- Third year: $ 350,000
NB : This forecast was made on the basis of what is available in the industry and assuming that there will be no major economic downturn and no major competitors offering the same services as us in the same location… Please note that the above forecasts may be lower and at the same time higher.
- Our pricing strategy
The nature of Book Cafe services makes it easier for industry operators to bill their customers based on hours / time spent or members’ monthly subscriptions; Usually, these fees will be charged at the discretion of the Book Cafe.
At Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC, we will keep our fees below the market average while keeping our overheads low and billing up front.
- payment methods
The payment policy adopted by Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC is comprehensive as we are well aware that different customers prefer different payment methods which are suitable for them, but at the same time we will ensure that the financial rules and regulations of the States- United States of America are respected. …
Here are the payment methods Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC will make available to its customers;
- Cash payment
- Payment by credit card
- Internet bank transfer payment
- Payment by check
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will allow our client to pay for our services without any stress on his part.
Book Cafe Business Plan Advertising and Advertising Strategy
We were able to work with a branding and advertising specialist to help us define the advertising and advertising strategies that will help them. We go to the heart of our target market. We intend to take the Book Cafe business by storm, which is why we have taken steps to effectively promote and promote our Book Cafe.
Below are the platforms we intend to use to promote and advertise Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC;
- Place ads on print and electronic media platforms
- Sponsor TV shows and radio programs
- Develop our official website to promote our business
- Use on the Internet and social networks such as; YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Google+ and other platforms (online music forums) to promote our business.
- Offer Pro Bono services to non-profit organizations as part of our community’s social responsibility
- Make sure we place our banners and billboards in strategic positions in Hartsfield – Jackson, Atlanta, GA
- Distribute our flyers and brochures in targeted areas
- Advertise our Book a Business Cafe on our official site and use strategies to help us drive traffic to the site.
- Mark all of our official vehicles and make sure that all of our employees and management staff regularly wear our branded shirt or cap. …
Book the coffee business plan: financial forecasts and costs
When starting a business, the amount or cost will depend on the approach and scale you want to take. If you intend to be successful by renting space, you will need sufficient capital because you need your employees to be well maintained and your institution to be supportive enough for employees to be creative and productive.
Aside from the types of books you might want to decorate your shelves with, the tools and equipment to use are pretty much the same everywhere, and any price difference will be minimal and missed.
Most of the money that should be spent on setting up a book café is buying books, office furniture, equipment, and of course the rent / lease of a standard room. However, that is what it would cost us to open Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC in the United States of America;
- The total fee for business registration in the United States of America is $ 750.
- Budget for liability insurance, permits and licenses $ 2,500
- Amount required to purchase a suitable office space with sufficient space for a standard cafe-book in a business district 6 months (building and book conversion inclusive) $ 120,000.
- Reserve coffee equipment costs (books, magazines, newspapers, telephone booths, headsets, server room, computers, software, private telephone exchanges, printers, fax machines, furniture, telephones). , check-in booths, protective gadgets and electronics, etc.) USD 170,000.
- Cost of launching our official website: $ 600.
- Budget to pay at least 3 employees for 3 months and utility bills of $ 80,000.
- Additional expenses (business cards, signage, advertising and promotions, etc.) $ 2,500
- Miscellaneous $ 1000
According to a research report and feasibility studies, it will take us about US $ 350,000 to build an average but standard Book Cafe in the United States of America.
Fund Generation / Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC Startup Capital
Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC is about to start up as a family business which will be exclusively owned and operated by Sha good Davis and his immediate family. They decided to limit the sources of its start-up capital to three main sources.
- Receive part of the start-up capital from personal savings
- Source of concessional loans from family and friends
- Apply for a loan from the Bank
NB: We have been successful in securing approximately $ 100,000 (personal savings of $ 80,000 and a concessional loan from family members $ 20,000) and we are in the final stages of obtaining a line of credit of 250 $ 000 from our bank. All documents and documents have been duly signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and at all times our account will now be credited.
BOOK CAFE BUSINESS GROWTH: Sustainable development and expansion strategy
The future of a business lies in the number of loyal customers, the capabilities and skills of their employees, their investment strategy and their business structure. If all of these factors are absent in the business, the business will not close the store soon.
One of our main goals in creating Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC is to start a business. it will survive on its own cash flow without resorting to external financing when the business is officially launched. We know that one way to gain acceptance and gain customers is to equip our book café with a wide variety of books, magazines and the latest hardware, technology and software.
Shanice Davies® Book Café, LLC will ensure that the right foundations, structures and processes are in place to ensure the well-being of our employees. and the retraining of our workforce are at the top.
In fact, the incentive agreement will be available to all of our executives, and it will be based on their work for three years or more. We know that if this is done we can be successful in recruiting and keeping the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to helping us build our dream business.
Checklist / Milestone
- Company name availability check: complete
- Business registration: complete
- Cum Call installation office rental: Done
- Construction of our Book Cafe (Bookshelf Building): in progress
- Protection of intellectual property and registered trademark: Completed
- Opening of corporate bank accounts: complete
- Opening of online payment platforms: completed
- Request and receipt of the taxpayer’s identifier: in progress
- Application for Business License and Permit: Completed
- Acquisition of all forms of business insurance: Completed
- Feasibility studies: completed
- Receive part of the start-up capital from the founder: Completed
- Loan requests from our bankers: in progress
- Preparation of the business plan: completed
- Compilation of employee handbook: complete
- Drafting of contractual documents: I n Progress
- Company logo creation: Completed
- Graphic design and packaging printing Marketing / promotional material: finished
- Recruitment in progress
- Purchase of equipment of a wide range of genres (in print and electronic form), applications, software, furniture, office equipment, electronic devices and equipment. Personalization: in progress
- Creation of an official website for the company: Under development
- Strengthening the reputation of companies (Business PR): in progress
- Organization of labor protection and fire safety: ongoing
- Establishment of business relationships with major industry players: ongoing