Are you about to start an ATM business? If YES, here is a complete example of ATM business plan model feasibility study that you can use for FREE .
Ok, so we’ve gone through all the requirements for starting an ATM business, we’ve also gone a step further by analyzing and writing a sample ATM business plan template backed by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for ATM companies. So let’s move on to the business planning section.
Why start an ATM business?
An ATM is an electronic device that allows customers of financial institutions to perform financial transactions such as cash withdrawals, deposits, money transfers or account information at any time without the need for interaction. direct with bank employees. ATMs were originally designed as ATMs, but have evolved to provide many other banking functions.
Anyone can start an ATM services business if they have the financial capacity, licenses, networks, and business.
If you are convinced that this type of business is something that you really want to do after doing market and feasibility research, the next step is to write a good business plan; a detailed preliminary report on how you plan to increase your start-up capital, start a business, acquire reliable ATMs, manage trade flows, distribute taxes and promote your services.
The truth is, it’s one thing to have a fantastic idea – a business plan, and another to translate a business plan into money (profit), so it’s important to build a team of experts with whom work if you want to be successful with your ATM. machinery company.
Below is a sample ATM business plan template to help you successfully write your plan in record time.
Sample ATM Business Plan Template
- Overview of activities
Independent commercial ATM operators are not banks, but they set up their ATMs, fill them with cash, and every time they earn money, the customer withdraws money from their ATMs. automatic. Once the money is withdrawn from your ATM, it is returned daily to the bank account of your choice with an additional fee. A portion of the commission is usually paid to the seller as a commission or split.
Additional income can be obtained for each ATM transaction in the form of an exchange. All of your computers can be monitored online through the portal, where you can see real-time information about the amount of money on each computer and the number of transactions and charges.
The total cost of ownership for ATM network services is high, with customers expecting more than 100% of the base purchase price per year in additional charges. In addition to the annual membership fee, buyers must pay for transactions each time their cardholders use network ATMs. These fees include the per transaction fee paid to the network vending machine provider, typically between two and ten.
The ATM industry is a thriving sector of the United States economy, and statistics show that the total number of ATMs in the United States is 425,000 (source – National ATM Board), the number of ATMs detainees is 222,000 (source – National ATM Board). and the average ATM / convenience fee is $ 2.77 (source – National ATM Council) and the average fee is $ 50- $ 1.00 (based on my analysis of over 100 and more wallets of 10,000 locations) and the average net income from the exchange is $ 10-20 (based on my analysis of over 100 portfolios and over 10,000 locations).
The cost of a new machine ranges from $ 2,000 to $ 2,500 and up, as a machine with multiple cassettes and dispensers can cost anywhere from $ 3,000 to $ 6,000. Fiserv Inc., CU Cooperative Systems Inc., Vantiv Inc., First Data Corporation and US Bancorp ATM Network Services are leaders in this industry.
A recent report published by IBISWorld shows that the ATM industry is strong. In 2018, the two largest companies controlled 66.7% of revenue. Major players have been extremely aggressive in acquiring smaller payment software companies and expanding their operations over the past five years, and IBISWorld expects increased focus as these trends continue. p80>
NCR Corporation and Diebold are currently the largest manufacturers of ATMs in the United States, and foreign competition has tightened the margins and prices of ATM systems. Therefore, most of the biggest players in the industry work in related industries in order to diversify their sources of income. The focus is on self-service kiosks, payment software, cash management and maintenance services.
The ATM industry is a lucrative industry and any budding entrepreneur can come and start their own business.
Summary of ATM business plan
Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc. is a licensed and registered US company that will operate independent ATM services throughout the United States. Although our company is based in Santa Fe, New Mexico, where we plan to set up our ATMs throughout the city, we plan to reach major US cities in record time.
We process financial transactions such as cash withdrawals, deposits, money transfers, account information and various other services at all times and without direct interaction with bank staff.
We recall that there are several independent ATM operators with branches in Santa Fe, New Mexico, so we have devoted time and resources to conduct feasibility studies and market research.
Our customer service will be second to none throughout Santa Fe, New Mexico. We know our customers are the very reason we do business, so we will go the extra mile to keep them happy when they use one of our ATMs.
Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc. ensures that all of our customers receive first-class service when using our ATMs. We have CRM software that will allow us to manage individual relationships with our clients, regardless of their size.
We have made plans for a mini but standard customer call center / complaints center that will operate 24 hours a day for the sole purpose of resolving customer complaints.
Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc. is a family business owned by Lawrence Mullen and his immediate family. The company will be headed by his son Johnson Lawrence, a graduate in business administration who has extensive experience with one of the leading ATM service companies in the United States of America. He will share his wealth of experience and knowledge to help build and develop Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc.
- Our service offer
Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc. operates in the industry for profit, and we will do our best to provide a wide range of industry-related services in the United States of America. Here are some of the services that will be available at our vending machines:
- withdraw money, deposit funds, transfer funds or get account information
- payment of regular bills, fees and taxes (utility bills, telephone bills, social security, legal fees, income tax, etc.)
- Printing or ordering bank statements
- Updating directories
- Cash advances
- Check processing module
- Payment (in whole or in part) of the credit balance on the card associated with a specific current account.
- Money transfer between linked accounts (for example, as a transfer between accounts)
Our vision statement
Our vision is to create an ATM service that will have a strong presence throughout Santa Fe New Mexico and other key cities in the United States of America.
- Our mission statement
Our mission is to create an ATM business that will make the wide range of Vices services available at affordable prices to residents of Santa Fe, New Mexico and other key cities in the United States of America where we have the intends to install our vending machines.
- Our corporate structure
Our intention to start an ATM services business is to build a standard business where ATMs are strategically positioned in key cities in Santa Fe, New Mexico and of course other key cities around the world. United States.
We will make sure to create the right structures that will support the growth we have in mind when starting a business. By building a good business structure, we will ensure that we only hire people who are qualified, honest, customer-focused and willing to work to help us build a successful business.
In fact, the profit sharing arrangement will be available to all of our senior employees and will be based on their performance for three years or more. In this regard, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to fill the following positions:
- General Manager (owner)
- ATM attendant / manager
- Administrator and HR manager
- Head of sales and marketing
- Information Technologist
- Customer Service Manager
Roles and responsibilities
Managing Director Managing Director:
- Improves management effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, instructing and consulting managers; transfer values, strategies and goals; distribution of responsibilities; plan, monitor, evaluate performance and develop incentives
- Creates, communicates and implements the vision, mission and general direction of the organization, that is, leads the development and implementation of the overall strategy of the organization.
- Responsible for setting prices and signing commercial transactions
- Responsible for business management
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Measures the success of the organization
Administrator and HR manager
- Responsible for the supervision of the staff and administrative tasks of the organization
- Identifies the jobs to be recruited and manages the interview process
- Carry out the inductions of new team members
- Responsible for training, evaluation and evaluation of employees
- Responsible for organizing trips, meetings and appointments
- Monitors the proper functioning of the office.
ATM holder / manager:
- Ensures correct accounting of transactions and that there is no cash on our ATMs.
- Ensures all of our ATMs are in top condition and operating efficiently at all times
- Interfaces with third party providers (vendors) and our banks
- Controls the distribution of funds and inventory to all locations of our ATMs
Head of sales and marketing
- Simulates demographic information and analyzes volumes of transactional data generated by customers
- Identifies, prioritizes and contacts new partners, offers business opportunities and more.
- Represent the company at strategic meetings
- Helps increase sales and business growth
- Manages and monitors the organization’s ATM network and website
- Responsible for installing and maintaining the organization’s ATMs, software and hardware
- Manages the organization’s video surveillance system
- Performs all other technological and IT responsibilities.
- Responsible for the preparation of the financial statements, budgets and financial statements of the organization
- Provides management with financial analyzes, development budgets and accounting reports
- Responsible for financial forecasts and risk analysis.
- Perform cash management, accounting and financial reporting
- Responsible for the development and management of financial systems and policies
- Payroll manager
- Ensures compliance with tax laws
- Manages all financial transactions for the organization
- Serves as internal auditor for the organization
Customer service manager
- Ensures that all customer contacts (email, built-in hub, SMS or phone) provide the customer with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- By interacting with customers over the phone, he takes every opportunity to increase customer interest in the company’s products and services.
- Perform administrative tasks assigned by the manager in an efficient and timely manner
SWOT analysis of the ATM business plan
Our intention to launch our ATM A ne (ATM) company with a dozen machines strategically deployed around Santa Fe, New Mexico, should test over 3-6 months to see if we can invest more money, grow business, then install more machines.
We know that there are multiple ATMs in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and even in the same locations where we’ll be setting up ours, so we go through the proper business start-up process. We know that if our business has an appropriate SWOT – by analyzing, we will be able to position our business to maximize our strength, take advantage of the opportunities we have, reduce our risks and be prepared to face our threats.
Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc. enlisted the services of an experienced Human Resources and Business Analyst with a bias in the retail industry to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and help us create a business model that will help us be successful in our business. targets and objectives. This is a summary of the SWOT analysis that was performed for Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc .;
The strategic locations in which we intend to establish our ATMs, the business model on which we will operate, the wide range of features of our ATMs, the knowledgeable members of our team and our excellent service culture at customers will certainly be considered as the strengths of Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc.…
The main drawback that we can count on is the fact that we are a new automated teller machine (ATM) company and do not have the financial capacity to compete with the old independent ATM companies in terms of distribution.
The fact that we are about to install our vending machines in some of the busiest streets in Santa Fe – New Mexico gives us limitless possibilities to reach large numbers of people who can use our vending machines.
We have been able to conduct an in-depth feasibility study and market research and we know what our potential customers will be looking for when they visit our ATMs; we are well positioned to take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves to us.
Like any other business, one of the biggest threats we are likely to face is the economic downturn. It is a fact that the economic recession affects purchasing power, which will ultimately affect ATM transactions. Other threats we may face are the arrival of a new ATM in the same location as ours, as well as downtime due to technical issues from our technical partners.
ATM MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market trends
The recent trend in this direction shows that the price of ATM network services for the three years up to 2017 has been estimated at an annualized rate of 1.0%. The increased demand for services and the lack of competition have contributed to this increase in the prices of services.
However, lower entry costs for some providers are slowing the growth of service prices. Meanwhile, price volatility has been low lately. External factors such as demand from commercial banks and consumer spending will affect the performance of the industry.
Today, ATM companies often use technology to effectively predict trends in consumer demand and strategically position their ATMs to meet their needs; in fact, the use of technology helps ATM companies to maximize supply chain efficiency. There is no doubt that the data collected from customers will go a long way in helping ATM companies to serve their customers better.
- Our target market
The ATM industry has perhaps the largest customer base; everyone with a bank account has one or more things they will need at an ATM. It is difficult to find people who have bank accounts and ATM cards that do not use ATMs.
- Our competitive advantage
The competition that exists in the ATM industry is fierce because anyone can start a business, even if it can be financial. An ATM business requires experience and any serious entrepreneur can benefit.
One thing is certain, we will continuously provide a wide range of services available at our ATMs. It will be difficult for customers to visit our ATMs and not see the product they are looking for. One of our business goals is to make Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc. Universal ATM.
We can pride ourselves on our ability to quickly introduce new technologies, effective cost control and proximity to key markets. In addition, our excellent culture of customer service, our highly competitive service, our reliable and easy-to-use ATMs, as well as the visibility of our ATMs and knowledgeable members of our team will give us a competitive advantage.
ATM SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Source of income
Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc. established with the goal of maximizing the profitability of the ATM business, and we will do our best to do our best to market our services to a wide range of customers.
Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc. will generate revenue by offering the following services through our ATMs:
- Withdraw money, deposit funds, transfer funds or get account information
- Payment of regular bills, fees and taxes (utilities, telephone bills, social security, legal services, income tax, etc.))
- Printing or ordering bank statements
- Updating bank books
- Cash advances
- Check processing module
- Payment (in whole or in part) of the balance of the card associated with a specific current account.
- Money transfer between linked accounts (for example, transfer between accounts)
One thing can be said regarding the automated teller machine (ATM) industry: if your machines can provide a wide range of services and are centrally located, you will still attract business customers and this will definitely lead to more revenue for the business. business.
We are well positioned to capture the affordable Santa Fe, New Mexico market and are very optimistic that we will achieve our goal of generating sufficient income / profit in the first six months and growing our business and our customers.
We were able to critically examine the cash machine industry, we analyzed our chances in this industry, and were able to formulate the following sales forecasts. Sales forecasts are based on information gathered in the field and certain assumptions specific to startups in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Following are Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc. sales projections based on our business location and other factors related to the launch of ATM services in the United States;
- First year: $ 240,000.
- Second year: $ 550,000
- Third year: $ 950,000
NB . This forecast was made based on what is available in the industry and assuming that there will not be a major economic downturn and / or major competitors rolling out their ATMs in the same locations as ours. Please note that the above predictions may be lower and at the same time higher.
- Marketing strategy and sales strategy
Before deciding where to install our ATMs, we conducted extensive market research and feasibility studies so that we could penetrate the available market and become the preferred choice for residents of Santa Fe, New Mexico.
We have hired experts who know the industry well to help us develop marketing strategies that will help us achieve our business goal of capturing a greater percentage of the available market in Santa Fe, New Mexico and any other city. in which we intend to establish our ATMs.
- Give our ATMs a unique look by painting them in bright colors or putting up a large neon sign to make them easily recognizable by customers.
- Builds our company’s main website to provide an online presence (indicate the location of our ATMs).
- Joins an independent local ATM. associations and advice on industry trends
ATM business plan advertising and advertising strategy
While our ATMs are well located, we will continue to increase our advertising for the business. We will explore all the means available to promote our ATM business.
Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc. has a long term plan to install our ATMs in various locations in major cities across the United States of America, so we will be deliberately developing our brand to be well received in Santa Fe, New Mexico before going out.
Here are the platforms we intend to use to promote and advertise Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc .;
- sponsor relevant community programs
- distribute our brochures and flyers in targeted areas
- place our Flexi banners in strategic positions where our ATMs are located.
Our pricing strategy
We will ensure that the pricing model established by the regulator in the United States of America is consistent.
- payment methods
Due to the nature of ATMs, there are no options to pay for services other than inserting your bank card into the ATM, after which the ATM will dispense money or provide the information or the services you requested. We will earn money from the fees of each transaction.
- Start-up costs (budget)
When it comes to starting a professional ATM, the main areas where you would spend most of your money are buying ATMs, loading ATMs with cash, and of course renting or rental of a warehouse.
In addition, you don’t have to spend a lot, except for the salaries of your employees and the purchase of minibuses. These are the key areas where we will be spending our start-up capital;
- The total fee for business registration in the United States of America is $ 750.
- Legal fees for obtaining licenses and permits, and accounting services (software, POS and other software) USD 1,300.
- Marketing advertising costs for printing flyers (2,000 flyers priced at $ 0.04). per copy) totaling $ 3,580 .
- The cost of hiring a business consultant is $ 2,500.
- Insurance coverage (general liability, industrial accidents and loss of property) for a total premium of $ 2,400.
- Payment of the 12-month lease cost $ 1.76 per square foot for a total of $ 105,600 .
- Warehouse reconstruction costs (building racks and shelves) USD 20,000.
- Other start-up expenses, including office supplies ( $ 500 ) and telephone and utility bills ( $ 2,500 ).
- Running costs for the first 3 months (employee salaries, bill payment, etc.) $ 60,000
- Cost of purchasing ATMs 25,000 USD
- Purchase price of 2 fairly used vans – 20,000 USD
- Cost of purchasing and installing surveillance: $ 10,000
- The cost of buying furniture. and office gadgets (computers, printers, telephones, televisions, audio systems, tables and chairs, etc.): $ 50,000.
- Website launch cost: $ 600
- Miscellaneous: $ 10,000
We will need an estimate of $ 500,000 ($ 500,000) excluding working capital to successfully open our ATM business in Santa Fe, NM Our working capital target is $ 500,000 ( $ 500,000 ) and this is what we plan to load in our various ATMs.
Creation of start-up capital for ATM services Fin Tech®, Inc.
Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc. is a registered family business owned and funded by Lawrence Mullen and members of his immediate family. They do not intend to host outside business partners, so he decided to limit the use of start-up capital to three main sources.
- Obtain part of the start-up capital from personal savings
- Source of concessional loans from family and friends
- Apply for a bank loan
NB: We managed to get about $ 200 000 ( personal savings $ 150,000 and loan conditions for members of the family $ 50,000 ). And we are in the final stages of getting a loan of $ 800,000 from our bank. All documents and documents have been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and at any time the amount will be credited to our account.
Sustainable development strategy and extension of the ATM business plan
It is generally accepted that the future of a business lies in the number of loyal customers it has, the potential and competence of its employees, its investment strategy and its business structure. If all of these factors are missing from the business, the business will close the store shortly thereafter.
One of our most important goals for launching Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc. is to build a business that will survive on its own cash flow without having to inject funds from external sources upon the official launch of the business. ‘business. We know that one way to get approval and gain customers is to offer our services (service fees) a little cheaper than what is available in the market, and we are prepared to survive on margins. lower for a while.
Fin Tech® ATM Services, Inc. will ensure that the right foundations, structures and processes are in place to ensure that our people are treated well. Our corporate culture aims to take our business to the next level, and the training and retraining of our workforce is at the top.
In fact, the profit-sharing agreement will be available to our entire management team. staff and it will depend on their work for three years or more. they will be more committed to helping us build our dream business.
Checklist / checklist
- Company name availability check: complete
- Company registration: complete
- Opening of corporate bank accounts: complete
- ATM security: ongoing
- Opening of Mobile Cash accounts: complete
- Launch of online payment platforms: complete
- Taxpayer request and receipt number: in progress
- Business license and permit application: Completed
- Purchasing business insurance: complete
- Rental of premises for warehouse and reconstruction: In progress
- Feasibility studies: Completed
- Creation of family members’ capital: completed
- Bank loan applications: in progress i>
- Business plan writing: finished
- Compilation of employee handbook: complete
- Drafting of contractual documents and other relevant legal documents: in development
- Creation of the company logo: finished
- Impression de matériel publicitaire: en cours
- Recruitment: in progress
- Purchase of necessary furniture, shelves, shelves, computers, electronic equipment, office equipment and CCTV system: In progress
- Creation of an official website for the company: In progress
- Creating information for online and community businesses: ongoing
- Health and safety and fire safety conditions (license): protected
- Establishment of business relationships with banks and suppliers – suppliers of all necessary products and ATMs: ongoing