Do you feel overwhelmed or abandoned by your colleagues because you don’t have a college degree? Do you feel depressed because you are not educated? here’s a list of some of the wealthiest high school dropout entrepreneurs without a college degree.
Do you think your perceived illiteracy limits your dreams? Or are you part of a group that thinks education is the number one criterion for success? If any of these questions describes you the best, please read on.
Do you think most of the richest men and women in the world went to school ? Well, don’t be surprised; it is true; and you too can become a billionaire in ten years or less.
I have nothing against education. But sometimes education gives people false confidence. This allows people to relax by relying on the strength of their certifications rather than hard work. Rasaq Okoya
Today I am going to share with you a short selection of entrepreneurial success stories self-proclaimed by men and women; who took the bull by the horns, starting a business without retaining a college degree. These men and women found their entrepreneurial spirit, overcame business challenges, completed the entrepreneurial process, and became successful entrepreneurs.
I was inside the four walls of the school and I was on the street. I can tell you with confidence that the streets are more difficult, more difficult, daring, exciting and more rewarding. At school; you play alone. But in the street you play with the big boys. Adjaero Tony Martins
Warren Buffett, Mo Ibrahim, Mike Adenuga, Oprah Winfrey, George Soros, John D. Rockefeller, Sam Walton, Jerry Yang and David Philo, Anita Roddick, Sergey Brin and Larry Page Jeff Bezos, Pierre Omidyar, Martha Stewart, Henry Ross Perot and Aliko Dangote; the richest black man in the world didn’t make this list because he was a college graduate. Without wasting much time, below is a comprehensive list of some of the richest dropout billionaires in the world.
Behind every disaster hides an opportunity; if you mourn over adversity, you will miss the opportunity. Adjaero Tony Martins
- The richest people in Nigeria who did not go to school
- The richest people in Nigeria
55 billion dropouts without a university degree
- Bill Gates . He is the billionaire co-founder of Microsoft Corporation, the world’s largest software company. Left Harvard to focus on building Microsoft. According to Forbes magazine, Bill Gates held the position of the richest person in the world for thirteen consecutive years, and he has shown no sign of giving up that position.
To win big, sometimes you have to take big risks. – Bill Gates
We were young, but we had great advice, great ideas and a lot of enthusiasm. – Bill Gates
- Thomas Edison : Thomas Edison was called a dumb and helpless brain by his teachers, but he went on to become one of the world’s greatest inventors and founded General Electric; one of the most influential companies in the world.
Many failures in life are people who didn’t realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison
- Orji Kalu pattern . He is one of the richest people in Africa. This young billionaire was kicked out of college for participating in a student protest. Instead of mourning your predicament; he started selling palm oil and from those humble beginnings he transformed his business into the Slok Group conglomerate. Although he was later pardoned by the school authorities, he refused the offer of amnesty, thus refusing to return to school. …
A good businessman should have an interest in business, like a journalist – news. Once your eyes, ears, nose, heart, and brain are trained in business, you are seizing business opportunities everywhere. ”- Orji Kalu pattern
4 Li Ka Shing : billionaire owner of Hutchinson Whampoa; one of Hong Kong’s largest conglomerates with operations in more than fifty countries and more than 220,000 employees worldwide. Disappeared from school at age 15 and started selling watch straps.
The first year I didn’t have a lot of capital, so I did everything myself. I had to reduce my overhead by learning everything about running a business, from bookkeeping to repairing machines to my equipment. I really started from scratch. – Li Ka Shing
- Richard Branson . Best known for his adventurous spirit and outrageous business tactics. He dropped out of school at the age of 16 to start his first successful business; The student magazine bought his own 79-acre Caribbean island when he was just 24 and was knighted in 2099. He is the billionaire founder of the Virgin brand and its 360 companies. His company includes the famous Virgin Atlantic Airways.
I wanted to become a writer or journalist. I wasn’t interested in becoming an entrepreneur, but soon realized that I had to become an entrepreneur for my magazine to keep working. – Richard Branson
- Lawrence J. Ellison : Larry Ellison dropped out of school twice and his adoptive father said he would never achieve anything, but he became a billionaire by creating Oracle, the second largest software company in the world.
I had all the flaws I needed to be successful . – Larry Ellison
- Michael Dell : abandoned his studies at the age of 20 to found PC Limited; later renamed Dell Computers Inc. Dell became the world’s most profitable PC maker, making Michael Dell a billionaire.
“I had to do a thorough investigation and see what happened.” – Michael Dell
- Steve Jobs : one of the founders of Apple Inc and Pixar; dropped out of Reed College to found Apple.
- Henry Ford . This automotive billionaire was born into extreme poverty. He never saw the four walls of the school, but went on to build the Ford Motor Company and became one of the richest people who ever lived.
Thinking is the hardest job, which is why so few people do it. – Henry Ford
- Walt Disney . Walt is considered the most influential animator due to his creativity in cartoons. He dropped out of high school at age 16 and founded Walt Disney; the company’s annual turnover is around $ 30 billion.
If you can dream it, you can do it. Walt disney
- Ray Kroc . Billionaire Ray Kroc has never seen the four walls of school and has worked as a salesperson for most of his life. He bought McDonalds in 2061 for $ 2.7 million and turned it into a multi-billion dollar business.
To push on. Nothing in the world can replace perseverance. There will be no talent; There is nothing more common than talented losers. There will be no genius; the world is full of educated exiles. Only perseverance and determination are omnipotent. Ray Kroc
- Debbie Fields . A 20-year-old housewife with no education or business experience, she founded Ms. Fields Shippie Chippery and became the owner of the most successful cookie company. She later renamed, got a franchise, and then sold the cookies to Mrs. Field.
“You don’t have to be superhuman to do what you believe in.” – Champs Debbi
- Cosmos Maduka . A Nigerian elementary school dropped out and founded billionaire company Coscharis Group.
- Ingvar Kamprad : billionaire founder of IKEA. He dropped out of high school at the age of 17 to found IKEA; It is currently the world’s largest home furnishings retailer, with more than 90,000 employees in more than 200 stores and more than $ 10 billion in annual sales.
I’m not afraid of being 80 and I have a lot to do. I don’t have time to die. – Ingvar Kamprad
- Karl Lindner : billionaire investor and founder of United Dairy Farmers. He dropped out of school at the age of 14 to deliver milk for his family newspaper.
- Simon Cowell . Known for his involvement with American Idols, he dropped out of school at 16 and created his own label, Fanfare, at 23.
“Good is not enough; you must be awesome. ”- Simon Cowell
- Mary Kay Ash : Founder of Mary Kay Inc and the most famous businesswoman of the 20th century. Mary has never seen the four walls of the school.
When you hit an obstacle, turn it into an opportunity. You have the choice. You can win and be a winner, or you can let him beat you and be a loser. The choice is yours and yours alone. Refuse to throw in the towel. Go the extra mile if bad luck refuses to travel. It is far better to be emptied of success than to rest from failure. – Mary Kay Ash
- Coco Chanel . Fashion mogul and founder of the Coco Chanel brand, she has never seen the four walls of the school.
- Wayne Husenga . Wayne is the only person in history to have built three Fortune 1000 companies virtually from scratch: Waste Management Inc, Blockbuster Entertainment, and AutoNation. He is the only person to have created six companies listed on the NYSE. He also owns the Miami Dolphins and is the former owner of the Florida Marlins baseball team and the Panthers hockey team, making him the only person to own three professional teams in the same market, including two have won national championships. He dropped out of school to join a friend in the garbage collection business.
- Barry Diller . The billionaire media mogul dropped out of college to found the Fox Broadcasting Company. He is president of Expedia and was formerly CEO of IAC / InterActiveCorp, which includes the Home Shopping Network and Ticketmaster.
“There is a world in which reasons are invented because reality is too painful.” Barry diller
- Andrew Carnegie : Founder of the Carnegie Steel Company and one of the richest people who ever lived. Born into extreme poverty, Andrew has never seen the four walls of the school.
I will argue that strong people, on the other hand, know when to compromise and that all principles can be compromised to serve a greater purpose. – Andrew Carnegie
- Sir Philip Green : The retail mogul and owner of the Arcadia brand dropped out of school at the age of 16. After four business failures, Philip Green earned his first million at age 33.
“If you have natural talent I think that’s fantastic. If I weren’t in the retail business, it would have been better to become a singer or a tennis player. ”- Sir Philip Green
- Mrs. J. Walker . Born into a family of former slaves and farmers, although widowed at the age of 20 and facing extreme hardship, she opened a cosmetics business and became the first American millionaire to earn money by herself.
I had to make a living and I got my own opportunity! But I did! Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunity to present itself. Get up and do them Madame SJ Walker
- Mark Zuckerberg . The world’s youngest billionaire left Harvard to promote his social media platform; Facebook. In 2010, he was 23 and worth $ 4 billion.
- Ted Turner : billionaire abandons media mogul and founder of CNN; pledged a billion dollars to the UN.
People have said all their lives that I wouldn’t do that. – Ted Turner
In three years, I gave half of what I had. To be honest, my hands were shaking when I signed it. I knew I was leaving the race to become the richest man in the world. – Ted Turner
- Cornelius Vanderbilt . After leaving school at 11, he started sailing his boat at 16 and became one of the richest men in history.
“If I had been educated, I wouldn’t have had time to learn anything else.” -Cornelius Vanderbilt
- Mayer Amschel Rothschild : born in the ghetto; started out as a money lender and built the largest private fortune in history. He never saw the four walls of the school.
“Give me control of the country’s money supply, and I don’t care who makes the laws . “- Mayer Amschel Rothschild
- Ty Warner : Billionaire, Real Estate Investor, Hotel Owner, Sole Proprietor, CEO and President of Ty, Inc. Ty Warner is an experienced businessman, but at the same time private. Ty, Inc; makes $ 700 million a year with the Beanie Babies craze without spending any money on advertising. It has since expanded to include Ty Girlz dolls in direct competition with Bratz dolls.
- Howard Hughes . Graduated from California Institute of Technology and Rice University; founded Hughes Aircraft & Co and became a billionaire.
“I’m going to be the richest man in the world.” Howard hughes
- Giorgio Armani : billionaire, founder of a fashion brand; Giorgio Armani SPA He left the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Bologna because he could not stand the sight of blood.
Stay true to yourself and your philosophy by Giorgio Armani
The world’s successful entrepreneurs and richest schoolchildren are abandoning billionaires
- Asa Candler : founder of Billionaire and the world’s most popular brand; Coca Cola. He dropped out of school at the age of 10.
- Jenny Craig : Without a college degree, this woman started Jenny Craig Inc from scratch and has grown into one of the largest and most recognized weight management companies.
If I do something, I will stick to it no matter what. Jenny craig
- Rachel Ray . Although she had no formal training in the culinary arts, Rachel Rae established herself in the food industry. With numerous Food Network shows, talk shows and cookbooks, Rachel has never slowed down. She has also appeared in magazines and made her debut in 2006.
- Milton Hershey . Trained in fourth grade, Milton Hershey started his own chocolate business. Hershey milk chocolate was the first chocolate on the market.
- Frank Lloyd Wright : Surpassed All Chances of Becoming the Most Influential Architect of the Twentieth Century Frank Lloyd Wright has designed more than 1,100 projects, half of which are built. He never saw the four walls of the college.
- David Geffen : billionaire founder of Geffen Records and co-founder of DreamWorks.
“I have never been to business school. I’ve just been clumsy my whole life. I was like the guy behind the scenes at Wizard of Oz . “- David Geffen
- Billy Joe ( red ) McCombs : founder of Clear Channel, real estate investor.
- Craig McCaw : billionaire founder of McCaw Cellular.
- Dave Thomas : billionaire founder of Wendy’s.
“No one can stop you except yourself.” – Dave Thomas
- Ay Van Andel : Amway co-founder, billionaire.
- Mickey Jagtiani : Billionaire Salesman, Landmark International
- John Paul DeJoria : Co-founder of John Paul Mitchell Systems and Patron Spirits tequila.
- David Green : billionaire founder of Hobby Lobby.
- Frederick “ Freddy ” Laker : billionaire entrepreneur.
- Kirk Kerkorian : billionaire investor, owner of Mandalay Bay and Mirage Resorts and MGM film studio.
- Leandro Rizzuto : billionaire founder of Conair
- Leslie Wexner , billionaire founder of Limited Brands.
- Mark Rich : billionaire investor and founder of Marc Rich Co.
- S. Daniel Abraham: billionaire founder of Slim-Fast.
- Theodore Waitt : billionaire founder of Gateway Computers.
- YC Wang: billionaire founder of Formosa Plastics.
- Paul Allen : billionaire co-founder of Microsoft Corporation; dropped out of Washington State University.
- Ralph Lauren : billionaire fashion mogul. He studied at Baruch College for two years and dropped out.
- Dean Kamen . Billionaire Kamen holds over 80 US patents; famous for Segwey PT, Auto Syringe and IBOT robotic wheelchair; dropped out of the Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- Dhirubhai Ambani : renowned founder of the Reliance Group and father of two billionaires; Anil and Mukesh Ambani. Reliance Industries started from scratch and has never seen the four walls of the school.