Are you interested in starting a water bottling business but don’t know how much the whole project will cost? Below is a detailed analysis of the costs of starting a bottled water company.
A popular question people ask themselves when they want to start a bottled water business. “ how much do i need to get started? This is a very smart question because once you have an idea of what you need to start a business you can decide whether you have what it takes to start a business or not. able to plan for alternative sources of finance in case you do not have sufficient capital.
So how much does it take to start a bottled water business Let’s take a look at some of the tools and equipment that you will need and the general market prices for that equipment:
1. Business plan -. A detailed business plan is the most important tool you will need to start your business. This would give you a clear idea of what you want to achieve and the capital and skills you need to achieve it. A business plan will cost you from $ 0 if you write it yourself, up to $ 1000 if you hire a specialist to do a full-scale feasibility study, market research, and write a business plan. However, it is advisable to select the most cost effective ways to avoid excessive costs.
2. Business registration … You will also need to register your business name, obtain a license to produce bottled water and possibly register your business. The amounts required to do this vary from country to country, and you may also need to pay a lawyer to register a business on your behalf, but a decent budget for these costs is $ 1,000.
3. Registration with health regulatory bodies -: If, for example, you are opening your bottled water company in Nigeria, you need to register, obtain a license and an identification number from the National Food Agency and the Narcotics Control Bureau ( NAFDAC) before being authorized to manage your business. For those residing in the United States of America, the FDA is the government agency responsible for licensing food and water related businesses. Again, you can budget between $ 1,000 and $ 2,000 for these expenses.
4. Rental / construction of a factory -: Depending on the financial resources you have available, you may decide to build your own bottled water plant or to lease the premises, but if you choose to lease, you should make sure that the facility is clean and favorable and not used with any residential building. Depending on your country, any amount between $ 1,000 and $ 5,000 will be sufficient to cover these costs.
5. Water supply -: You will need a good source of water. It also depends on the type of water you plan to produce. If you choose to produce spring water, you will need to place your production equipment very close to a natural source and find a way to transfer the water from the source to a bottling plant for immediate bottling. . to the source. For other types of water, you may need to dig a borehole, well, or use a public water source. A good amount set aside for these expenses is $ 2,500. Again, it depends on your country and your specific needs.
6. Water bottling plant -. You can import automatic water bottling plant from China for $ 30,000 to $ 60,000. This will be used for stress free water packaging.
7. Generator / power supply: You may also need an alternative energy source to ensure access to the water supply, especially if you are working in a developing country where the electricity supply is not constant. You should also consider cheaper energy sources such as solar or wind power to reduce energy costs in the long run.
8. Water treatment plant – … You also need to figure out how to make your water cleaner and safer to drink without giving it a bad taste or stripping it of its natural minerals. Installing a water treatment plant will cost you around $ 1,000 to $ 10,000, depending on the size and features.
9. Mineral injection unit – … Since some water treatment processes strip water of its natural minerals, most bottled water companies are looking for a way to artificially put minerals back into the water. Again, this can cost you around a thousand dollars.
10. Automatic bottle washers – … To ensure that the water is produced in a clean and hygienic environment, it is recommended to invest in automatic bottle washers which will be used to clean the bottles before conditioning the water to remove the chemicals and all forms of impurities.
11. Labels – … You also have to spend money on the labels of your bottles. You can easily find someone to create shortcuts. You should set aside around $ 100 to $ 300 for the first batch, depending on how many bottles you want to deploy.
12. Distribution trucks – … Another very important asset that you will need is a truck to distribute your products. You can buy a nice used truck if you can’t afford a new one, but make sure it has your company name and logo on it and you’ll always be clean.
13. Consumables -: You will also need some consumables such as bottles, caps, packing lists, PE films and packing materials.
14. Marketing and promotional material … Of course, you will have to promote your brand, so it is important that you add up the advertising costs of your water brand, the costs of printing flyers and business cards, and the costs of other promotional materials. and events.
15. Establishment plan -: You will definitely need staff to run your business successfully. You will need machine operators, people to pack and load the produced water, office staff, maintenance staff, drivers and sales people.
16. Website … Creating a website for bottled water is also a good idea. This will help you market your products, and it will also give your customers access to you and find out why your bottled water brand is the best option for them.