Do you run a poultry farm and need to attract new customers? Here are 10 of the best results-driven marketing ideas to sell your birds and eggs fast.
The ultimate goal of every poultry farmer is to make big sales with every harvest, and sadly, many poultry farmers are stuck at this point. They spend months raising and feeding the birds; and when it’s time to sell, they don’t get big results. Not because there is a lack of demand for their products; but because they haven’t paid much attention to the business and marketing aspects of their business.
As a poultry farmer you don’t have to get caught up in the operational aspects of your business, so now you are neglecting the business side. If you ask me, I would say sales and marketing are even more important because you are not raising chickens for family use. If you are engaged in for-profit poultry farming, you should pay attention to the marketing aspects of this business.
Today I want us to discuss some of the methods that you can use as a poultry farmer to increase sales and increase poultry income. Here are some smart ideas:
10 best marketing ideas to sell poultry and eggs fast
1. Bypassing intermediaries -. Most poultry farmers rely on dealers to help them sell their products. They wholesale to other people, who in turn sell to consumers. If you want to sell faster, you need to sell both in bulk and in resale quantities.
You can retail if you have your own outlet. Find a suitable location to rent a store and then use it to store your farm produce so that in addition to selling it to wholesalers, you can also sell it to retailers.
2. Start your online business -: Everyone hangs out on the Internet these days. A large percentage of people use the internet every day around the world and if you want your business to thrive then you can’t turn a blind eye to the internet. Your social media account is a great place to promote your business and market your products.
I have a girlfriend that I follow on Instagram who regularly posts pictures of packaged fresh produce from her chicken farm on her page. She has a large following and people keep asking her where they can shop in the south, even though she lives in the north. I am sure many northerners frequent it as well.
If you want to sell your products faster, you need to have a strong online presence so that people can order items online and even items they don’t. online will be able to recognize and buy your products when they see them in supermarkets or grocery stores.
3. Become a supplier of hotels and restaurants … Write a brilliant proposal with thoughtful incentives you can offer and send it to hotel and restaurant managers. We propose to become their main supplier of poultry meat and eggs. Hotels and restaurants always have poultry or egg products, and they have to get their eggs from somewhere.
You can help them get a steady supply of stress-free fresh eggs. Note that many hotels and restaurants already supply them with people, so you should consider outwitting these people by offering them some tempting incentives.
4. Hire marketers -: Marketing specialists? For the poultry farm ? Yes, your poultry sellers can increase your sales by over 30%. You just need to hire commission marketers who will earn a certain percentage of the sales they make.
5. Feed your birds well -: Yes, it’s also a marketing idea. When you feed your birds well, they produce large, quality eggs that consumers want. If you want your products to be the best choice for consumers, you have to pay attention to the quality of the products you produce and in the poultry industry; it means paying attention to the type of food you feed your birds, because good food is good eggs and quality meat.
6. Organize your own carnage -: don’t stop selling to other companies for packaging; nothing prevents you from having your own abattoir where you can package and label your own products for sale and supply.
7. Promote your products -: You must also participate in advertisements and promotions. You don’t buy what you don’t know. And you ? People mostly buy products that they know or have heard of, and when you advertise your products, it helps to increase awareness and therefore demand for your products.
8. Conduct marketing research -: Another way to increase sales of poultry products is through regular market research. When you do this, you will have a clear understanding of what your customers want, where items are missing, and what you can do to improve the quality of the products you offer to your customers.
9. Try home delivery services -: Home delivery services work too. This is because a lot of people are often too busy to go to the grocery store, and a lot of people like fresh eggs.
You can take the opportunity to offer home delivery services for people who prefer to buy fresh eggs or for people who find it easier to shop from the comfort of their home. You can also serve the elderly, the disabled, or the sick who cannot go to grocery stores to buy meat and eggs.
10. Use attractive packaging … – When designing packaging materials for poultry products, you should make sure that they are attractive and different from other products in the market. Good packaging can attract more buyers.
Another thing you should know is that people now pay attention to nutritional information when shopping for food, so you should consider adding information about your food, such as calorie content. proteins, vitamins and other information that health conscious people want to know.