Okay, so you started a clothing line from scratch? Well! Here are ten promotional ideas to kick off your clothing line.
Let’s say there’s a hot girl who just walked past you at the mall and you love her so much that you really want her to be your friend, so what would you do? You’ll likely walk up to her, strike up a good conversation, and do your best to keep a positive first impression. …
NB -: This article is taken from: The Complete Guide to Starting a Clothing Line from Scratch.
A clothing line launch is very similar to this scenario. You want people to recognize your brand, and you want to create a good first impression of your brand in the minds of potential customers. Hosting a product launch gets you there on a golden platter. This is where the marketing plan comes in. Here is an example of a clothing line marketing plan template you can use.
However, you need to carefully strategize and plan the methods you want to use to launch your clothing line. Here are ten promotional ideas you can use to launch your clothing line in style.
10 best advertising tips to launch your clothing line in style
1. Organize a fashion show -. A fashion show is a great way to bring attention to your new clothing line as it will attract a lot of fashion enthusiasts who will eventually become customers. To make things a little more dramatic and fun, you can throw a flash mob fashion show and your models will walk the streets in their projects.
If you choose to use a flash mob fashion show, you should make sure you have a contact or website address written in bold so that people who want to learn more about your brand and hang out with you can easily do so. .
2. Sponsor charitable activities – … The fastest way to get people’s attention is to sponsor humanitarian activities, not only will you get good publicity and positive brand reputation, but you will also be able to take responsibility for your social responsibility. business and contribute to the development of society. To do this, you must select the reason why you want to sponsor; maybe eradicate polio, feed hungry and homeless children, or help those who have just been struck by a natural disaster.
Once you have determined the reason, you should advise that a certain percentage of your clothing brand sales will be used to sponsor the cause. This will encourage people to buy from you, but you need to make sure you make a good first impression on those customers and provide them with top quality products so that they will come back even if there is no reason to refer.
3. Celebrity Reviews -: You can never go wrong with celebrity endorsements. Some fans are so crazy about their favorite celebrities that they would love to sponsor any celebrity endorsed brand. In order to do this, you need to find some celebrities who have a huge fan base and are known to be very fashionable.
Then you need to get them to wear your design and tweet about it, instgram it and post it on Facebook with a link to your site included. You will be surprised how quickly you sell your stake using an influential celebrity.
4.discounts and gifts -. A good way to kick off a clothing line with a bang is to offer some great discounts and giveaways. Lots of people love gifts and you can easily hang them up by giving them whatever they want. During the launch phase, you can offer attractive discounts of up to 90%, offer free products for a specific purchase level, or discounts for referrals.
5. Competition -. Contests are a great way to grab the attention of customers and create buzz around your clothing line. You can run a design competition with a tempting prize offer or whatever –
6. Product launch party -: You can have a free product launch party where people can come, hang out and have fun for free. Make sure your items are on display at the party so that interested customers can easily purchase. It would also be nice if a few celebrities or important people in the fashion industry attended the event and talked about it on social media.
7. Banners and flyers -: Flood the streets with your banners and flyers. You can create poster boards and eye-catching banners before launch so that people can guess and pique their interest, so that when your clothing line finally launches, you’ll be thirsty for your brand.
8, Press releases – … You can also ask newspapers and magazines to review your clothing line. This way you will be able to increase your brand awareness. You can also advertise some of your designs in fashion magazines and invite newspapers to post photos of your product launch.
9. Fashion bloggers -: Fashion bloggers are becoming more influential than ever. A lot of people rely on fashion bloggers to keep them up to date with the latest industry trends, what’s hot and what’s not. Designers have been using fashion bloggers to sell their designs for several years now.
Basically they distribute their designs to a fashion blogger for them to wear and post them on their blogs about it with all the details of the brand and where to buy it. Because of the quality of clothes on a blogger, and also because people think that these fashion bloggers are fashion encyclopedias, they usually rush to order these things and that’s how a designer sells them.
If you choose this method, be sure to use a fashion blogger who has a large number of followers / fans. In terms of compensation, you can do this by making a fashion blogger an affiliate and paying them a commission on all the sales you make through them.
10. Newsletters -: You can also use newsletters before launching your clothing line. You can make your newsletters interactive and engaging to keep your potential customers waiting for your brand launch.
In conclusion, you cannot rule out the possibility of social media here. You can launch your products on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter or Instgram. Create a social media account for your brand and use it to drive traffic to your business website.