Do you want to start a quail farm from scratch and earn money? Or do you need a sample business plan template for a quail farm? then I advise you to read.
The quail poultry industry is now positioned as one of the most profitable businesses in the poultry industry. Besides the fact that it can be started with very little capital, it also offers a high return on investment. The main reason for keeping quail birds is that their eggs are very nutritious and very healthy.
Some of the health benefits of quail eggs include:
- Helps stimulate the brain and increase its activity
- Quail eggs also have carcinogenic properties which help prevent and stop the growth of cancer in the body.
- Quail eggs help to improve the appearance and texture of the skin as well as strengthen hair growth.
- It is also very beneficial for people with stomach ulcers or any other disorder of the digestive tract.
- Quail eggs help increase hemoglobin levels in the body and detoxify the body. It is also beneficial for pregnant women and helps fight anemia.
This is just a list of a few things that quail eggs can do, as they are often referred to as “super foods”. “,” Miracle eggs “and all kinds of names that indicate that it is very useful for the human body. People who keep quail birds make money from two main sources:
- Sell eggs
- Sale of quail
Starting Quail Farm – Sample Business Plan Template
1. Learn -. To learn tips and tricks for this business, you should take training from those who are already in the business. An experienced quail breeder will be able to teach you what you need to know about the practicalities of quail rearing and how to avoid traps and losses.
2. Obtain a license … The next important thing is to get a license. I know some countries don’t require you to have a quail breeding license, but most developed countries do. This is to prevent bird flu and all other poultry related diseases.
3. Get capital -: Quail farming does not require a lot of capital. Most of the funds you need to buy and feed the birds. You may also need funds to secure a suitable seat if you don’t already have one. Typically, you will need $ 100 to $ 500 to start a small quail business.
4. Get the location -. Most small quail farms practice ‘backyard quail breeding’ and you can use this system if you don’t have enough funds. Whichever system you choose, remember that the room you choose to place the birds in should be well ventilated and should always be clean to avoid outbreaks.
You also need to create a bird cage. protect them from predators and pests. You should also remember that these are birds and they can run away, so when you build a house or a cage for them you should build them in such a way that they cannot escape. .
5. Choose a good breed: Like chickens and other birds, quails come from different breeds. Some grow very large and are more suitable for consumption, while others lay better. If you are looking to breed quail exclusively for egg production, you should choose a breed such as Tuxedo, Manchu Golden, English White, and British range. …
But if you also want to sell quail for meat, you need to add a few breeds of broiler chickens such as Bob White America and White-breasted Indian. In addition, to start working with quail birds, choose chicks that are at least 2 weeks old.
Unlike poultry, where one can easily start with day-old chicks, quails have a high mortality rate in the first two weeks of birth and as a new entrant; you might not understand the technical details of working with quail chicks, so you should start with slightly older chicks.
6. Food: You can feed your quail birds the same type of food that you use for chickens or turkeys. But chickens, quail birds do not really consume a lot of food, so you don’t have to worry about the cost of feeding, because compared with other birds, the cost of feeding quail is quite skinny.
7. Work – … It depends on your activity and the size of your farm, but quails are very easy to manage and one person can handle up to 5000 birds, so you may not need extra work if you have enough time to manage yours. quail farm.
8. Marketing: … The first tip I would give to anyone considering getting into quail farming is to prepare a feasibility study for a business in your area and prepare for a quail farming business. plan before you even dare to start a business How well do people know about and buy quail eggs in your area? How profitable is the business for the people who already do it?
How much does the egg cost ? Here are some of the very important questions you should get answered before you even get started. This will help you a lot when you get to the marketing stage of your business.
You will know how and where to sell when you are ready. Some ways to sell your produce include delivering it to grocery and supermarket checkouts, hosting seminars and talk shows on the benefits of quail eggs, then selling to visitors, distributing flyers and banners. and online sales.
9. Processing and packaging of quail meat: Quail eggs are not the only useful products of quail birds. Quail meat is also delicious and nutritious. Apart from selling quail eggs, you can also make money by selling processed and packaged quail meat.