Are you interested in starting a mobile oil change business? Do you need oil change mobile business plan template ? So I advise you to read.
Look around you how many cars have you seen today ? In the state where you live how many cars do you think there are in your state or in your country as a whole ?
For example, in the United States, it is estimated that there are over 100 million registered vehicles. For most vehicles, it is generally recommended that the vehicle’s oil be changed at least every 5,000 miles.
So if there are over 100 million cars in the United States that need an oil change every 5,000 miles, that means there are over 300 million oil changes in the United States. United States only. So let’s say you can only supply one percent of the market, which is roughly 3 million oil changes just for you.
The mobile oil change business is now growing rapidly because people have recently realized the huge demand for this service and the high level of profitability. What if you want to start your own mobile oil change business? Here’s how:
Starting a Mobile Oil Change Business – Sample Business Plan Template
You don’t have to be an auto mechanic to start a mobile oil change. However, it is important that you learn all the methods of doing business such as how to change the oil, which oils are best to use, and which oils to avoid. By learning about a business, you can determine if the business is right for you.
2. Buy the equipment you need
Once you’ve learned about the business and are confident that you really want to continue, you need to determine the equipment you need to run your mobile oil change business. and buy them. Here are some items you will need: –
- A van to get around and your equipment.
- Other small equipment such as oil skimmers, lubricants and good engine oils.
- Storage tank.
- A place to collect used oil.
3. Select a business name
The next thing you need to do is decide what you want your business to be called. When you’ve chosen a business name, you can now register it with your state’s business registration service. You can also consider purchasing a franchise to lower your start-up costs.
4. Obtain a commercial license
People who are starting a particular business are always advised to obtain a license from the government to show that they are authorized to operate that particular business. When you register your business, you can avoid any form of harassment.
5. Source of funds -: To start a mobile emptying, you will need $ 2,000 to $ 15,000 to buy all the necessary equipment. This includes the pickup truck and other tools.
6. Determine the types of services you want to provide
Customers need a variety of services, some of which include oil change, filter change, vacuum service, or chassis lubrication. You need to determine which of these services you want to provide to your customers.
7. Get insurance coverage for your business
It is important that you obtain insurance for your business so that in the event that a customer’s car is damaged by you and you have to pay for the damage, your insurance company can cover all costs on your behalf.
8. Protect the storage area -: You will most likely need a place where you can store all your work equipment.
9. Registration with wholesalers -. When you sign up with wholesalers, you will be able to receive oils at a lower price direct from them than when you buy from retailers.
10. Look for ways to dispose of used oil -: You will need to find a way by which you can recycle the used oil that you get from your customers’ vehicles. There are recovery companies that you can contact to resolve this issue.
11. Create a clientele
Before you get started, it’s important to build a customer base by chatting with potential customers and introducing them to your business. Be sure to leave your business card with them so they can call you whenever they need an oil change.
12. Adjust prices
Determine the prices for your services. First of all, you need to set prices that will help you enter the market easily. This means that your prices should be competitive and relatively cheap, now you can adjust your prices when you have successfully entered the market and attracted many customers.
13. Create a website for your business to help promote your business and will increase the customer base.
14. Provide superior service
At work, you need to do your job to the best of your ability so that your customers will come back to you and refer other people to you. If you do a hard job, you can lose customers and your reputation.