Looking to start producing coconut oil from scratch? Or do you need a sample coconut oil business plan template? then I advise you to read.
Coconut oil is one of the many commercial end products that can be obtained from the coconut palm. Coconut oil is made from the fruit of the coconut and it is believed to be much better than peanut butter for health. Starting a coconut oil business is a very profitable business and requires less capital investment than other types of coconut related products.
In this article, I’ll start by mentioning some of the many uses for coconut oil to show you why the product is in demand; then i will tell you how to start your own coconut oil business.
4 health benefits of coconut oil
- Contains nutrients to strengthen the body’s immune system -. Research has shown that coconut oil contains a fatty acid called lauric acid, which helps boost the body’s immune system to fight disease and antibodies in the body.
- Used for cooking -: the saturated acid contained in coconut oil can be easily broken into absorbable pieces; This is why most people prefer to use butter for cooking rather than other saturated oils like peanut, palm, and melon oils.
- Weightloss -: Anyone trying to hide excess weight, it is recommended to take more coconut oil. This is because the oil contains nutrients that help increase the body’s metabolic rate and break down food faster so that the body can be easily absorbed.
- For external use -: Coconut oil is applied to the skin to make it smoother and softer; it is also used to remove stretch marks.
Starting a Coconut Oil Business – Sample Business Plan Template
1. Develop a well-defined business plan -: This is the first step to take in setting up the structure of your company: you must develop a clear business plan on coconut oil that will shape the future of the company.
What will your product brand look like? Or will your coconut oil product be similar to any other coconut oil on the market? Where do you think your business is going in the next few years ? The answers to these questions will help you structure your business plan.
2. Register a business as a legal person -: Since you will have to manage the business as a business, you must register it as a legal entity. You can start as a sole proprietor and become a partner business as your business grows in the future.
3. Complete the required training -: If you need to produce a coconut oil product that will be demanded on demand, you should take the necessary training on how to make the best coconut oil. There are many eBooks and video tutorials on the internet that teach you how to make the best coconut oil on the market. Later in this article, I will cover two popular ways to process coconut oil.
4.Source of coconut supply -: as the main raw material for the production of coconut oil is fruit, you need to find a supplier who can regularly supply you with a huge quantity of coconut; advise you to buy a piece of land, plant coconut palms and wait for it to bear fruit will take a long time. So find a farmer who can provide you with healthy coconut fruit for less.
5. Real process -: This is the actual process involved in converting coconut fruit into coconut oil. I mentioned above that I will be discussing how you can turn your coconut into coconut oil. Remember you are doing this in commercial quantities which means you have to choose the best process which will give you faster and cheaper results while maintaining high quality.
The easiest way to make coconut oil is to get ripe coconuts; the amount of coconut you need depends on how much oil you want to make. Then break the coconut and cut the fleshy part of the white coconut; cut into small pieces and place in a blender.
Stir the nuts until they turn into creamy white water, then take a sieve or cloth and separate the fiber from the milk water. Put the water in a container and let it sit overnight. The next morning, you will notice that the water has separated, the oil settles at the bottom of the container; Gently pick up the top particles on the container and you have coconut oil.
6. Packaging … There are dozens of brands of coconut oil on the market. how you package your product will determine whether or not it sells. You should package your coconut oil product in such a way that anyone who sees it for the first time wants to know what’s in it. packaging ( first impression is very important ).
Then the oil should be of the highest quality, because even if a customer purchases the product for the first time because of the packaging and finds that the oil inside does not meet expectations, you might lose. not only this client, but several others as well. he or she will talk about the poor quality of coconut oil.
Be sure to include your logo, company name, and company contact on each package so anyone wanting to order more will know how to contact them. Your business.
7. Marketing -: How do you encourage customers (but retailers and wholesalers) to patronize your coconut oil compared to other brands in the market ? You can first offer them to buy two and get a promotion. Second, you can visit the food or prepare meals and share coconut oil samples.
Finally, you create an online blog where you post articles about coconut oil and its health benefits via e-commerce, where visitors can place their order. You can also use the best social media sites with millions of traffic to generate sales. For example, you can create a video for a few minutes on the health benefits of coconut oil and post it on Youtube with a link to your e-commerce site.