Are you about to start an Italian ice cream business? here is an example of a complete Italian Ice Cream Business Plan Template Feasibility Study that you can use for FREE .
Ok, so we’ve covered all the requirements for starting an Italian ice cream business. We also took it a step further by analyzing and writing a sample Italian ice cream marketing plan template backed by actionable guerrilla marketing ideas for Italian ice cream companies. So let’s move on to the business planning section .
Why start an Italian ice cream business plan?
If you are intending to start an Italian ice cream business, you should start a business in a location with suitable climatic conditions, where there is some measure of good weather in terms of heat and all that. the mistake of starting an ice cream business in a famous snow town for a whole calendar year, you are unlikely to be successful in that business.
If you can successfully run an Italian ice cream business in the right place and your store is in an area with good traffic and circulation, and you have different flavors of Italian ice cream and other frozen desserts, you you may not have to do all you can to attract people. your store and make a purchase. Style
If you are convinced that this type of business is what you really want to do, the next step is to write a good business plan. Below is an example of an Italian Ice Cream Business Business Plan Template that will be of benefit to you.
Sample Italian Ice Cream Business Plan Template
- Industry overview
Ice Cream Franchise and Gelato Store players mainly serve ice cream or ice cream. It is important to note that corporate establishments and frozen yogurt stores are not part of this industry. The ice cream and gelato franchise industry, to which Italian ice cream belongs, has come a long way and continues to evolve with a large number of Italian desert ice cream producers bringing creativity in the flavors, the packaging and marketing.
If you keep a close watch on developments in the ice cream and ice cream franchise industry, you will agree that the industry has grown in popularity in the United States in recent years. Many factors are influencing the demand for ice cream and ice cream, in particular the increased consumer health awareness, higher costs and the emergence of frozen yogurt.
Industry revenue growth will be more modest as competition from healthier frozen yogurt substitutes intensifies. Consumers are moving further and further away from ice cream and ice cream shops as the health of the population improves in the United States. However, the popularity of ice cream and ice cream during the warmer summer months is expected to shield the industry from any significant drop in demand.
A recent report published by IBIS World shows that the ice cream and ice cream franchise industry is on the rise for five years through 2016, albeit with limited growth. Several factors are driving demand for ice cream and ice cream, the report notes, including increased consumer health awareness and the emergence of frozen yogurt.
This is because health-conscious consumers are less likely to buy ice cream and ice cream, and frozen yogurt has grown in popularity as a replacement for ice cream, and this increased competition has had an impact. negative on industry revenues over a five-year period. However, rising disposable income and falling prices for milk (and therefore ice cream) have resulted in increased revenues for the industry.
Summary of the Italian ice cream business plan
Dorothy’s Italian Ice is a registered and standard Italian ice cream and ice cream company that will be headquartered at Beale Street in Memphis, Tennessee, USA and reach a wide range of customers, both domestic and professional.
We are located in ice cream and gelato store franchises to retail a variety of Italian frozen desserts such as ice cream and ice cream served inside, ice cream and ice cream served at the waiter’s table, self-service drinks, ice cream and ice cream served at a gas station. , ice cream and ice cream for outdoor use and drinks for outdoor use, etc., to a wide range of customers in the places where we are going to set up our Italian ice cream truck and our permanent store.
We have made plans to sell our franchise and provide online consulting services with our industry. We are in the business of ice cream and gelato store franchises to compete positively with other major brands and brands in the industry, and our business goal is to become one of the top five Italian brands of ice cream lines in the States. United of America.
As a company, we are willing to go the extra mile to invest in some of the best professionals we can find, and we also plan to acquire the best equipment when it comes to setting up an Italian ice cream business and of standard ice cream.
The Italian company Dorothy’s Ice intends to reconsider the question of how to carry out franchising business in an Italian ice cream parlor, not only in Memphis, but also in the United States of America and Canada. That is why we have developed plans to continuously train and retrain all our employees on a regular basis, as well as to interact with industry stakeholders, in order to contribute to the design and manufacture of Italian equipment of ice cream and ice cream. to meet the ever-changing industry demand.
Our strongest selling point on Dorothy’s Italian Ice Cream is the unique flavor of the different flavors of Italian Ice Cream and Ice Cream Desserts that we will produce and sell. and make more purchases – it is with great pleasure that we receive repeat customers again and again.
Italian Ice Dorothy General Times demonstrates her commitment to sustainability, both individually and as a company, through active participation in our communities and through the integration, where possible, of sustainable business practices. We will uphold our responsibility to the highest standards by accurately and completely meeting the needs of our customers every time they visit our products.
We will create a work environment that offers a human and sustainable approach to earning a living. and live in our world, for our partners, our employees and our customers.
- Our products and services
At Dorothy’s Italian Ice we deal with all kinds and flavors of Italian ice cream and ice cream dessert, we are a company that mainly prepares, serves / sells ice cream and Italian ice cream with our personalized mobile truck and on our permanent site .
Our intention in creating Dorothy Italian Ice is to profit from the ice cream and ice cream franchise industry, and we will do whatever is permitted by US law to achieve our goals and ambitions. Here are some of our products and services:
- Ice creams and ice creams served on site
- Ice cream and ice cream served at the waiter’s table
- Self-service drinks
- Ice cream and ice cream served across the road
- Ice cream and ice cream for outdoor use
- Outdoor drinks
- Training, advisory and consultancy services
Supervision should be among the top 5 ices and Italian ice cream production company in the United States 10 years before our th th day.
- Our mission statement
- Our corporate structure
As part of our plans to create a standard shave, Ice Production in Memphis, Tennessee has planned to get it right from the start, so we’re going the extra mile to make sure we have knowledgeable and hard-working employees in each position available in our company.
With the wide range of products we offer and a franchise plan, we plan to use only more than what is needed to run the traditional Italian frozen and frozen dessert business. We will certainly have different employees to manage the different services offered on Dorothy Italian Ice.
For this reason, we have decided to hire qualified and competent hands to fill the following positions;
- General manager
- Factory manager
- Food technologist
- HR Manager and Administrator
- Sales and Marketing Department
- Accountants / Cashiers
- Truck’s driver
Roles and responsibilities
Managing Director – CEO (owner):
- Improve management efficiency by recruiting, selecting and positioning companies for great success.
- Create to interact and apply the vision, mission and overall leadership of the organization.
- Responsible for pricing and signing trade agreements
- Responsible for providing business advice
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Measures the success of the organization
- Responsible for controlling the proper functioning of the ice cream dessert and Italian ice cream factory
- Part of the team that determines the amount of ice cream and Italian ice cream produced.
- Describes a strategy that will lead to increased efficiency among factory workers.
- Responsible for the training, assessment and evaluation of factory workers
- Ensures a constant flow of raw materials to the factory and an easy flow of finished products through wholesale distributors to the market
- Ensures the operation of equipment by meeting preventive maintenance requirements; call for repair.
HR Manager and Administrators
- Responsible for overseeing the proper functioning of the HR department and the administrative tasks of the organization.
- Assesses knowledge about work by participating in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participation in professional organizations.
- Identify hiring jobs and manage the interview process
- Monitor the proper functioning of the office and the field.
- Responsible for the creation and production of all Italian ice cream flavors and ice cream desserts produced by the company
- Ensures that the organization follows the appropriate procedures regarding the nature of the business in which we are involved
- Serve as the quality control and quality control manager of an organization
Sales and Marketing Department
- Retail sale of Italian ice cream and ice cream desserts to our customers when they make requests
- Manage external research and coordinate all internal information sources to retain the organization’s best customers (retailers) and attract new ones
- model demographic information and analyze transactional data volumes generated by customer purchases
- develop, execute and evaluate new plans to increase sales growth
- Files of all contacts and customer information
- Represent the company at strategic meetings
- Helps increase sales and business growth
Accountant / Cashier
- Responsible for preparing the financial reports, budgets and financial statements of the organization
- Provides financial analysis, development budgets and accounting reports to management; analyzes the financial feasibility of the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to predict business trends and conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasts and risk analysis.
- Perform cash management, accounting and financial reporting
- Responsible for the development and management of financial systems and policies
- Payroll manager
- Responsible for driving the Italian mobile ice cream and ice cream dessert truck to various retail outlets and back to base
- Assisting with loading and unloading of equipment and supplies
- Carry out missions for the organization
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing or the Director and Administrator of Human Resources
- Always responsible for cleaning the truck and the workshop
- make sure you don’t run out of toiletries and supplies
- cleans the interior and exterior of the truck and workshop
- manage any other responsibilities assigned by the human resources manager and administrator.
SWOT Analysis of Italian Ice Cream Business Plan
Thanks to our commitment to excellence when it comes to running an Italian ice cream and standard ice cream dessert business, we were able to hire some of the best business consultants in Memphis, Tennessee to review our business concept and together we were able to critically assess business prospects and access for yourself to make sure we have what it takes to build an Italian standard ice cream dessert manufacturing company that can compete profitably in the ice cream and ice cream franchise industry.
In this regard, we were able to assess our strengths, weaknesses, capabilities, as well as the threats we may be exposed to in Memphis Tennessee and even the United States of America as a whole. Here’s a look at what we got from the critically conducted SWOT analysis for Dorothy’s Italian Ice Cream;
Our strength lies in the fact that we have a variety of flavors of Italian frozen and frozen desserts that can meet the needs of a wide range of customers. We have well designed and structured mobile trucks and ice cream equipment that allow us to meet product demand even if the demand has tripled overnight or we have a large order to meet urgent needs.
Another factor that matters to our advantage is the story of our CEO; she has extensive industry experience as well as a good enough academic qualification to match the experience that has made her one of the top professionals in the United States of America.
We are aware that offering consultancy services and running a standard and accredited training center will definitely be a positive thing for us.
As we open an Italian frozen and frozen dessert business in the city along with other notable ice cream factories can be a challenge for us when we enter an already saturated market in Memphis, Tennessee.
The essence of our chosen location may be our weakness. But nonetheless, we plan to start with a big bang. We know that through this we will be able to create a positive impression and have good management when it comes to building on the momentum already gained.
The possibilities open to us are endless. Many people consume all types and flavors of frozen and frozen Italian desserts on a daily basis, and everything we are going to do to bring our products to them has already been worked out. There are also a lot of people who would like to learn how to make ice cream and Italian ice cream. and they will easily find our government approved Frozen Desert Shave Training Center perfect for achieving that goal.
The threat we are likely to face is that we are in competition with the already established Italian ice cream and ice cream desserts, ice cream truck companies. , ice cream businesses and frozen yogurt stores in Memphis, Tennessee, and other entrepreneurs who are likely looking to start similar businesses in our business location.
Of course, they will be competing with us for the available market. Unfavorable government policies and, of course, the economic downturn is another threat we are likely to face. Typically, a downturn affects purchasing / spending power.
MARKET ANALYSIS OF THE BUSINESS PLAN WITH ITALIAN ICE CREAM
- Market trends
Any Italian ice cream and ice cream dessert company that wants to stay on top of the industry should be ready to explore the world of frozen desserts; he or she must be able to offer a product whose taste is unique compared to what is available in the market.
Another trend is that some Italian ice cream and ice cream dessert companies, ice cream companies and frozen yoghurt shops do not only sell their products in their stores, but also sell them to the inhabitants of the parks, the sports centers and public places via vans. and mobile food trucks.
Some Italian ice cream and ice cream companies making ice cream and frozen yogurt stores have even started selling their products to the public through vending machines; it is one of the strategies which helps them to gain huge market share.
Finally, technology is the primary marketing tool for mobile food, Italian ice cream and ice cream dessert, snow cone, and ice cream truck. In fact, there are mobile apps that customers can use to track their favorite Italian ice cream and ice cream dessert truck.
- Our target market
Similar to ice cream, Italian frozen and frozen desserts are commonly consumed by almost everyone on our planet, such as anyone who has decided to open an Italian ice cream and ice cream shop or an ice cream haulage business. Italian all over the world, especially in the tropics or equatorial countries. will surely get a good return on their investment as long as they do what it takes to build and run a business effectively.
Indeed, there is a wide range of clients available. In fact, our target market cannot be limited to a group of people, but to all those who love Italian ice cream and ice cream desserts, and of course, those who would like to try it. That’s why we were able to map strategic locations throughout Memphis Tennessee where we will place our mobile ice cream and Italian ice cream cart every time.
In this regard, we have conducted our market research and have ideas on what our target market expects from us. We are engaged in the wholesale and retail of a wide range of ice cream and Italian ice cream flavors for the following groups of people:
- Business leaders
- government officials
- military men and women
- Men’s and women’s sports
- Everyone who lives in our target regions.
Our competitive advantage
Our goal in creating Dorothy’s Italian Ice is to create a business that can grow in the first 10 years after setting up a business that will be listed in the top 5 Italian Ice Cream and Ice Cream Dessert Companies. in the United States of America. With this in mind, we have been able to develop competitive strategies that will help us compete profitably in the industry.
We are on the verge of becoming one of the few Italian Ice Cream and Ice Cream Dessert companies in Memphis Tennessee with vending machines in all of our trucks and mobile stores.
We have another competitive advantage – the vast experience of our management team, we have experienced people who understand how to grow a business from scratch to become a national phenomenon.
Likewise, the wide variety of Italian frozen and frozen desserts and other flavors that we produce, our extensive national distribution network and of course our excellent culture of customer service will certainly be a strong sales force.
One thing is for sure, we will ensure that our Italian ice cream dessert truck is well equipped and always meets the required standards.
Finally, all of our employees will be well taken care of and their wellness program will be one of the best in our category (Italian ice cream and ice cream startups in the US) in the industry. This will allow them to be more than ready to build a business with us and help them achieve their goals and all of our business goals and objectives.
Italian Ice Cream Business Plan SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Source of income
Dorothy’s Italian Ice is designed to maximize profits for the American ice cream and ice cream franchise industry. America, and we will do our best to market a wide range of shaving or crushed ice scents to a wide range of consumers.
Dorothy’s Italian Ice Cream will generate income by selling the following products:
- Ice creams and ice creams served on site
- Ice cream and ice cream served at the table on the waiter
- self-service drinks
- ice cream and ice cream served across the road
- ice creams and ice creams for outdoor use
- Outdoor drinks
- Training, advisory and consultancy services
One thing is for sure, there will always be people buying Italian ice cream and frozen desserts all over the United States of America.
We are well positioned to occupy the affordable market of Memphis, Tennessee, and we are very optimistic that we will achieve our goal of achieving sufficient revenue / profit in the first six months of our business operation and growth. .
We were able to critically examine the Fr ice cream and ice cream store. We connect the industry with the market and we analyzed our chances in this industry and we were able to establish the following sales forecast. The sales forecasts are based on information gathered from the field and some assumptions common to similar startups in Memphis, Tennessee.
Here is the sales forecast for Dorothy Italian ice cream. It is based on the location of our company and of course on the flexibility of our market approach (mobile van and permanent location);
First fiscal year: $ 150,000
Second year: $ 450,000
Third fiscal year: $ 800,000
Note . This forecast is based on what is available in the industry and assuming that there will not be a major economic downturn and that no competitor will come to the same place. like ours during the period indicated above. Please note that the above predictions may be lower and at the same time higher.
- Marketing strategy and sales strategy
Before deciding on a location to make Italian Ice Cream and Dorothy’s Italian Frozen & Frozen Desserts, we did a thorough market research and feasibility study so that we could enter the affordable city market. where we intend to position our company.
We have detailed information and data that we were able to use to structure our business in order to attract the number of customers we want to attract at any given time, as well as so that our products can compete successfully with other big brands. ice cream desserts and ice creams in Memphis, Tennessee and throughout the United States of America.
Without a doubt, technology is the primary tool in mobile ice cream and food truck marketing. In fact, there are mobile apps that customers can use to track their favorite Italian ice cream truck. Other strategies we will adopt are to make sure that our Italian mobile ice cream truck has a good brand and that we always play good music on our truck.
The truth is, people are naturally drawn to colorful designs and great music. We will also communicate with event managers; they are in the best position to help us increase our sales, especially when participating in outdoor events.
We have hired experts who are familiar with the ice cream and ice cream franchise industry to help us develop marketing strategies that will help us achieve our business goal of capturing a greater percentage of the available market in Memphis, ON. Tennessee and throughout the United States of America.
In order to continue to operate and grow, we must keep selling our products in the available market, so we will do our best to expand the capabilities or the sales and marketing department to achieve our business sales goals. Therefore, Dorothy’s Italian Ice®, LLC will accept the following sales and marketing approach to sell our wide range of shaving and ice cream desserts:
- Introduce our Italian brand of frozen and frozen desserts by sending cover letters to residence, event planners, vendors and other interested parties in Memphis, Tennessee and other cities across the United States of America .
- Open our Italian frozen and frozen dessert business to grab the attention of residents who are our primary goals
- From time to time participate in roadshows in targeted communities to sell our products
- Promote our products in local newspapers, local TV and radio stations
- List our activities and products in the classifieds of the Yellow Pages (local directories).
- Use online resources to promote our brands of Italian frozen desserts
- Get involved in direct marketing and sales
- Encourage the use of word of mouth marketing (referrals)
Italian Ice Cream Business Plan Advertising and Advertising Strategy
Although our Italian ice cream and ice cream dessert company is standard, with a wide range of flavors and products that can compete favorably with other top brands in the United States, we will continue to increase our advertising for all of our products. products and brands. We are going to explore all the means available to promote Dorothy’s Italian ice cream.
Dorothy’s Italian Ice has a long term plan to sell our franchise across the United States of America, so we will be deliberately creating our brand to be well received in Memphis, Tennessee before heading to other cities in the United States. United of America.
In fact, our advertising and advertising strategy is aimed not only at selling our products, but also at effectively promoting our brand. Here are the platforms we intend to use to promote and advertise Dorothy’s Italian Ice Cream.
- Advertise on print (community newspapers and magazines) and electronic media platforms
- Community Programs Sponsor Matters
- Use on the Internet and social networks such as; Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. To promote our brand
- Install our notice boards at strategic locations in Memphis, Tennessee
- From time to time take part in roadshows in targeted communities
- Distribute our flyers and brochures in targeted areas
- Place our Flexi banners in strategic positions where we intend to get customers to start patronizing our products.
- Make sure all of our employees are wearing our custom clothing and that all of our official cars and trucks are individually tagged and labeled.
Our pricing strategy
Regarding the price of products like Italian frozen and frozen desserts, shaved frozen desserts, snow cones, ice creams and frozen yogurts, there are no hard rules, prices depend on the size and packaging. As a rule, the prices of Italian ice cream and ice cream desserts, shaving ice, snow cone, ice cream and frozen yogurts and similar products such as pastries, muffins, etc. are affordable, so there is no need to use detailed strategies. when it comes to price. p98>
As such, our prices will be in line with what is available in the industry, but will ensure that for the first 6 to 12 months, our products will sell for slightly below average prices for various ice cream and ice cream desserts. Italian ice cream. brands in the United States of America. We have developed business strategies that will help us operate with low margins within 6 months; it’s a way to get people to buy our brands.
- payment methods
The payment policy adopted by Dorothy’s Italian Ice All inclusive as we are well aware that different customers prefer different payment methods as they like, but at the same time we will ensure that the financial rules and regulations of the United States of America are respected.
Below are the payment options that Dorothy’s Italian Ice will provide to its customers;
- Payment by bank transfer
- Cash payment
- Payment by credit cards / ATMs (POS Machines)
- Pay by online bank transfer
- Payment by check
- Pay by mobile money transfer
- Payment by bank transfer
In view of the above, we have chosen banking platforms that will allow our client to pay for his products without any stress on his part. Our bank account numbers will be made available on our website and in promotional material for customers who wish to deposit money or make an online transfer to purchase our ice cream and Italian ice cream.
- Start – Increase spending (budget)
Regarding the launch of the standard Italian frozen desserts and ice cream business and the Italian mobile ice cream truck business, most of the start up capital is expected to be the acquisition of a truck and a Italian mobile store of standard and well-equipped ice cream and frozen desserts.
Plus, you don’t have to spend much other than buying ingredients, paying your employees and your utility bills. These are the key areas where we will be spending our start-up capital;
- The total fee for business registration in the United States of America is $ 750.
- Legal fees for obtaining licenses and permits, and accounting services (software, POS and other software) USD 1,300.
- Marketing advertising costs for the official opening of Dorothy’s Italian Ice®, LLC; amounting to $ 3,500 , plus brochure printing (2,000 brochures at $ 0.04 per copy) for a total of $ 3,580.
- hiring a business consultant – $ 2,500.
- Insurance coverage (general liability, industrial accidents and loss of property) for a total of $ 2,400 .
- Other start-up expenses, including office supplies ( $ 500 ) and telephone deposits and utilities ( $ 2,500 ).
- Operating expenses for the first 3 months (employee salaries, bill payments, etc.) USD 100,000
- the cost of initial inventory (raw materials and packaging materials, etc.) $ 9,000
- Storage equipment (containers, shelves, shelves, suitcase with food) USD 3,720
- Cost of counter equipment (counter, sink, ice machine, etc.)) $ 9,500
- Equipment for making Italian ice cream and ice cream for dessert $ 20,000
- Cost of store equipment (cash register, security, ventilation, signage) USD 4,750
- The purchase price of a mobile ice shaving truck is $ 50,000
- Website launch costs $ 600
- Our introductory night is $ 5,000
- Divers 1000 USD
We would need an appraisal of one hundred and fifty thousand ( $ 150,000 ) to successfully establish our Italian dessert and ice cream company in Memphis, Tennessee. Please note that this amount includes the salaries of all staff for the first 3 months of work.
Funding / Seed Capital Formation for Dorothy’s Italian Ice®, LLC
Dorothy’s Italian Ice®, LLC is a registered and privately held family business owned and funded by Dorothy Jones and members of her immediate family. We have no plans to host outside business partners, so he has decided to limit his start-up capital to three main sources.
These are the areas in which we intend to generate our seed capital;
- Creation of part of the start-up capital from personal savings and the sale of shares
- Source of concessional loans from family and friends
- Apply for a loan from my bank
NB: we managed to get about $ 50,000 ( personal saving $ 40 000 and a loan on conditions for members of the family $ 10,000) , and we are in the final stages for a loan of $ 100 000 from our bank. All documents and documents have been signed and submitted, the loan has been approved and at any time the amount will be credited to our account.
Sustainable development strategy and extension of the Italian ice cream business plan
The future of the business lies in the number of repeat clients who have the skills and competencies of the employees, their investment strategy and their business structure. If all of these factors are missing from the business (business), it won’t be long after the business closes the store.
One of our main goals in creating the Italian Ice Dorothy is to build a business that will survive on its own cash flow without needing to inject funds from external sources after the business is officially launched. We know that one way to be accepted and gain customers is to retail our Italian flavors of frozen and frozen desserts for a little less than what is available in the market, and we are well prepared to survive further weak profits.
Italian Ice Dorothy will ensure that the right foundations, structures and processes are in place to ensure that the well-being of our employees is well looked after. our workforce is at the top.
In fact, the incentive agreement will be available to all of our executives, and it will be based on their work for three years or more. We know that if this is done we can be successful in recruiting and keeping the best hands we can get in the industry; they will be more committed to helping us build our dream business.
Checklist / checklist
- Company name availability check: complete
- Company registration: complete
- Opening of corporate bank accounts: complete
- Point of Sale (POS) Security: Completed
- Opening of Mobile Cash accounts: complete
- Launch of online payment platforms: complete
- Request and receipt of tax identification number: in progress
- Business license and permit application: Completed
- Purchasing business insurance: complete
- Feasibility study: completed
- Creation of the family capital: complete
- Bank loan applications: in progress
- Workshop lease (including renovations): Completed d
- Business plan writing: finished
- Compilation of employee handbook: complete
- Drafting of contractual documents and other relevant legal documents: in development
- Creation of the company logo: finished
- Graphic packaging design and printing Marketing / Promotional material: in progress
- Recruitment: in progress
- Creation of an official website for the company: In progress
- Building information for online and community businesses: ongoing
- Occupational Health, Safety and Fire Safety Agreement (license): protected
- Schedule to open / start a group: in progress
- Establishing Business Relationships with Suppliers – Suppliers / Wholesalers: Ongoing
- Mobile Italian frozen and frozen desserts purchase: Done