Some celebrities don’t know what fashion is, and yes, they do. That’s why they hire stylists, personal buyers, and image consultants to help them design the perfect look that their fans will love. Just because a music artist has their best song charts doesn’t mean you really need to create a great outfit. This is why some of them end up in the hands of the fashion police.
Being a personal shopper is a very exciting career. You can help your customers shop for unique fashion items, you can also help shop for clothes for movies and music videos, or create a great collection for fashion editorials. As an image maker, you have a big responsibility for how the audience perceives your customer.
Another reason celebrities hire personal shoppers is that they can’t enjoy the luxury of shopping in private, as some of us may be; all the paparazzi drama and exaggerated social control is something most of them prefer to avoid. While you can just walk into Macy’s and take whatever you want, someone like Beyoncé might not be able to.
Another reason they hire personal buyers is because of their busy schedules; from visiting exhibitions, photoshoots and filming to visiting their many businesses, they barely have time to shop.
Personal shopping is mostly used in the context of fashion and style, but being a personal shopper isn’t just about the latest dresses and shoes. There are different niches in personal commerce. For example, you could be a grocery shopper, furniture buyer, vehicle buyer, apartment finder, or collector’s item buyer; You can choose from several niches.
The personal shopper has its advantages and disadvantages. Some of the benefits of being a personal shopper is that you can make a lot of money out of it. Plus, you’ll meet people and take part in A-List events, and if you’re really good at what you do, you might even be a celebrity. You can also kickstart the fashion trends, as people usually look for celebrities for fashion inspiration.
However, there are also some downsides in business. Since you are the image maker and are responsible for what your customers wear, you can be blamed anytime they wear something and the audience criticizes them. To start your business as a personal celebrity buyer, you need to take the following steps:
How to become a personal online celebrity buyer
1. Rate Yourself -: This isn’t the kind of business you rush into just because you hear people profit from it. You have to be passionate and understand what it means to be a personal shopper. You should also have an eye for detail and understand the art of negotiation. You also need to know how and where you can get the products at super low prices.
2. Choose a niche … The next step is to choose a niche. What type of personal customer do you want to become? Want to be a fashion or real estate buyer ? This is a very important step and should be approached with caution.
# 3 Acquire knowledge -: You don’t need to have a degree to become a personal shopper, but like any business, you need the proper training to be successful. You have to know all the little things in business. There are different ways you can train yourself to be a personal celebrity buyer.
You can get really good just by reading books, watching relevant TV shows, and watching the trends. You might as well go to school to learn how to become a personal shopper; You can enroll in any of these programs. Once you have gathered the information, you can begin to prepare your personal business plan for selling products.
4. Obtain certification -: There are always dozens of people vying for the attention of celebrities. Many people are already involved in the business and expect more people to join the business. This is why you need to make sure you stand out from the crowd. You need to get excited to be recognized as a professional and to receive more attention and patronage.
5. Build a portfolio -. You will likely be asked to prove your competence by listing some of the people you have worked with and some of the work you have done, so you need to create a portfolio. It can be difficult to build a celebrity portfolio, so you should start with your family, friends, popular people in your area, an advertiser, or even consider working for free.
Some personal shoppers buy and send free items to celebrities in exchange for social media mentions and mentions. You can also adopt this strategy. You may also want to consider accepting volunteer work or working in an unpaid position.
6. Obtain a license … It is always a good idea to register with the government for any type of business you wish to do. This helps protect you and ensure that you understand all legal requirements and best practices.
7. Define your goals -. Figure out what you want to accomplish as a celebrity client, then write down your goals that will guide your business.
8. Network -: if you want to work for celebrities; You must be very good on the net. You should try to meet as many people as possible who can introduce celebrities to you. This includes attending events, having powerful friends, good clothes, and creating a good image for yourself.
9. Marketing -: You also need to determine how to promote and market your business. You can consider advertising in popular fashion newspapers and magazines, blogging, social media advertising, website building, and many other marketing strategies.
10 referral programs -: You may also consider starting a referral program for stylists, celebrity assistants, and people who work for celebrities. Basically, you reward them for rewarding every job they can help you with. This is another quick way to get patronage and move up the career ladder of your personal celebrity store faster.