Okay, you’ve launched your own scratch-and-hook clothing line and you’re about to launch an advertising campaign. However, you just don’t know how to attract celebrities to your clothing line. If this situation concerns you, then I advise you to read …
NB -: This article is taken from: The Complete Guide to Starting a Clothing Line from Scratch.
Getting a popular celebrity to endorse your brand is one of the best things that can happen to you as a designer. Celebrity endorsement will help create the right exposure for your brand, as well as drive sales and increase profitability, but before you dive into the world of celebrity endorsements, here are some important factors to consider:
4 Hard Facts You Need To Know Before Getting Celebrity Approval For Your Clothing Line
at. availability -: Celebrity referrals don’t come cheap, so you need to carefully weigh your options to determine if it will benefit your business in the long run or if you should explore other options instead.
b. Personality … Before selecting a celebrity to endorse your brand, you must carefully consider their personality. Take, for example, the Tiger Woods storyline: Many brands were forced to abandon Tiger Woods as the face of their brand because of the backlash he received from fans over his scandal. Find out what people really think about celebrities before you get them to endorse your clothing line. You can’t just pick a celebrity to endorse your brand because they’re your favorite actor. Well, he might be your favorite actor and is good at acting, but does he have a personality that draws people to your brand?
vs. Niche audience : is this where the marketing plan comes into play? Here is an example of a clothing line marketing plan template that you can use. If you’re designing children’s clothing, it doesn’t make sense to get Rihanna to approve your clothing line.
At best, you’re asking Beyoncé or Kim Kardashian to do it because they’re mothers or maybe you’d consider using a child celebrity. My point is that you need to consider the age, tastes, and style preferences of your target audience before choosing the right person to endorse your brand.
re. Realistic expectations -: You should also be honest with yourself about what to expect. Sometimes celebrity endorsements increase your income by over 50%, while other times; it doesn’t increase your sales too much.
So, before you start funding a celebrity ad campaign, make sure you have clear and realistic expectations. So what are the cheapest ways to get celebrity recommendations for your clothing line? ?
8 ways to get celebrity recommendations for your clothing line
1. Gift bags. If the event is a popular event that many celebrities are expected to attend, you can partner with an event planner to allow you to wrap gift bags full of some of your creations that you would donate. for visitors to the event.
If your designs are really good, a few celebrities will dress them up and take photos with them, and if you’re lucky, those photos might end up on the pages of magazines, websites, and TVs thanks to the paparazzi. You can also place a small card in a gift bag encouraging them to take pictures of the clothes and post them on social media if they really like the designs. This will only work if your content is really good.
2. Free samples -: You can also get celebrity recommendations by sending free samples to multiple targeted celebrities. For example, you can send out a few free dresses to as many as possible, and if A, B, and C wear your design, your brand will soon become popular, especially if some of them are good enough to talk about on social media.
3. Celebrity appearances -: You can organize a product launch for your clothing line and visit several celebrities. This would create the necessary buzz that you need as most celebrities are usually followed by press officers and paparazzi who always want to photograph them. You can also make a press release after the event.
4. Offer of shares … You can also have a celebrity become the face of your brand so that you can own shares in your business and earn a percentage of your earnings which is a very cheap way to get support from celebrities to celebrities.
5. Celebrity creator : Rihanna fans will do anything to wear the dress designed by Rihanna. The popular MAC lipstick has become very popular around the world as it was developed by Rihanna. Companies use celebrities as designers to encourage more sales.
You can find a popular celebrity on your design team to create multiple designs for your clothing line, and you’ll be surprised how quickly those designs work. sell and how much publicity you get from it.
6. Support charitable work … Celebrities always do their best to help their fans and society at large by supporting charitable causes. If you are interested in a specific celebrity, you should find out what charities they support and then offer your business as a platform to support this course.
For example, if you want to make Angelina Jolie your brand ambassador, you will need to find the charities she supports and market your business as a platform using a certain percentage of the sales you make to support that goal.
7. Work with famous stylists and publicists – There are people who influence the choice of celebrities when it comes to clothing. These are their stylists. One of the fastest ways to get celebrity approval for your clothing line is to work closely with famous stylists so they can dress their clients with your designs. You should also consider working with famous publicists. Develop good relationships with these people and you can easily reach their customers.
8. Collaboration with magazine editors and photographers -. Magazines hold photoshoots for celebrities, especially when they want them to be on the cover of their magazines. Sometimes the magazine was in charge of decorating a celebrity and arranging a photo shoot. You can arrange with some of these companies to style a celebrity in your designs to help market your clothing line.