Are you planning to start a career as a professional makeup artist? here are 7 benefits of becoming a certified makeup artist.
After carefully considering the following:
- Makeup Artist Job Description
- How much does a makeup artist earn?
- Benefits of a makeup artist
- Facts, figures, labor market situation
- Trading tools
- Education requirements
- Professional bodies and associations
- Career ideas for makeup artists
- Skills and qualities you need to be successful
Now I’m going to highlight the benefits of becoming a makeup artist so that you know what to expect while continuing your makeup career.
Benefits of becoming a professional makeup artist
- You start to play … While a makeup artist career is really about hard work, it is also full of play and experimentation. Part of mastering your craft is experimenting with the products you have, the products you don’t, and all of the different skin types your customers may have.
- Meet new people: It doesn’t matter whether you are working with wives, stage actors, celebrities or politicians, you are bound to meet amazing people. Many of the strongest makeup artist friends have formed in the industry.
- Charm: The glamor of the makeup artist and the work behind the scenes is appealing. This type of glamor is not easily achieved in many other industries, but it is closely related to those in fashion and beauty.
- Make people feel beautiful. This is the best part of working as a makeup artist. You will be able to leave your customers with a smile on their face and make people feel beautiful.
- Travel: Many makeup artists are encouraged to at least go to work. once in their career in the art of cosmetics, and often their travel expenses are reimbursed. This means that you can travel to the places and cities that you always wanted to visit without spending a dime on them.
- Confession: As a makeup artist, you will most likely have the opportunity to work on editorial makeup projects. This means you can get your name in the magazine! If the bride submits her photos to a wedding photography website like Style Me Pretty or The Knot.
- Smile at the bank: Makeup is a profitable industry. You can make a lot of money per hour which is a big annual income especially if you expand your skills and offer makeup, writing, party and other services throughout the year. Wedding makeup is one of the highest paid services as a makeup artist.
Factors preventing people from becoming makeup artists
- High competitiveness: The competition between makeup artists is very strong and in most cases unhealthy. Advancing others in this profession means being efficient, assertive, creative and noticed.
- No working hours: In this profession there is no working schedule, the make-up artist may have to work even at night and for very long hours. And if you start whispering about it to clients, you may end up not being seen as a layman and increase your odds of being hired again.
- REGULAR OPERATION PROBLEMS: problems with normal work, so be constantly on the go and always online. Also, you may find yourself inactive when other people are busy.