Do you work in the food truck and want to retain your customers and increase your product sales? here are 50 creative marketing ideas for a grocery train train .
By giving you:
- Overview of the grocery train
- Market study and feasibility
- Food Truck Business Plan
- Food Truck Name Ideas
- Food truck licenses and permits
- Food Truck launch cost
- Food Truck Marketing Plan
Now we’re taking a look at marketing ideas and strategies to help you turn your food truck business into the number one food truck in your area.
Start-up Food Truck – Market feasibility study and research
- Demography and psychography
Even though the food truck business is a business concept for everyone, especially the average person on the street or at a construction site. But statistics show that the biggest buyers of food truck products are young people and parents with children at home. In fact, people between the ages of 25 and 34 are the biggest consumers of snacks and fast food from food trucks. They spend an average of $ 44 per month.
- Competition in the food truck industry
The food truck industry has grown significantly over the past five years and many people are starting to love food because it saves them time and money. With the increasing use of food vans, many entrepreneurs interested in business, or those who already have their own regular restaurant, are entering the industry.
With this development, the level of competition in the industry becomes more and more fierce; the more competitors there are, the tougher the competition. Despite strong performance in the industry, high levels of competition and unfavorable regulatory conditions in some cities have negatively impacted the growth of the industry; this has limited the growth in the number of mobile food providers.
In addition to competing with each other, food vans also compete with traditional restaurants and fast food restaurants; this is why food trucks must park 200 feet from any restaurant, limiting the positions in which they place their food truck.
Undoubtedly, the fact that competition has intensified does not reduce the productivity of some food processors. Most of them know how to recreate and develop a strategy to attract or attract more customers. Creativity and a variety of food and beverage options are the keys to surviving the competition in the food truck industry.
50 creative marketing ideas for food trucks
- Food Truck Marketing Ideas and Strategies
How many repeat customers you can brag about at the end of each season depends only on the marketing strategies you followed and how well you were able to execute them. That’s why we’ve worked hard to provide you with a sample Grocery Bus Marketing Plan Template to walk you through the process. Tracking food trucks has become much less difficult lately; thanks a lot to technology.
With the help of social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, it has become easier for a person to find their favorite food or gourmet truck at all times. Most food delivery companies use social media platforms to provide updates on where they are located, where they will be in a few hours, what type of menu they have on board and any special discounts available. at a time. … At the same time, it is now much easier for food companies to attract customers and increase their sales.
Technology is the primary marketing tool for the fast food industry. In fact, there are mobile apps that you can use to track your favorite food truck. Another strategy is to make sure your food truck is labeled properly and that you are always playing good music on your truck.
The truth is, people are naturally drawn to colorful designs and great music. You can also chat with the event managers; they are in the best position to help you increase your sales, especially when participating in outdoor events.
- Finding the right price for Food Truck products
On average, food or snacks purchased from food trucks are cheaper than those found in restaurants that sell bricks and mortar or fast food restaurants. So, if you are planning to start your own fast food restaurant business, you should consider reducing production and overhead costs so that you can sell your items at the same prices that are available in the industry.
One way to keep your food and snack prices low is to make sure you purchase bulk food ingredients and supplies at wholesale prices direct from the manufacturer. It is cheaper to buy raw food and food ingredients directly from farmers – farmers markets. So be sure to find the nearest farmer’s market to you.
Guerrilla marketing strategies for our food truck business
- Creation of corporate identity for our food truck company
We understand very well that our brand is related to how people see us, so we try to communicate and promote our brand. We will use print and electronic media to promote our brand and corporate identity.
In fact, using social media to promote our brands is profitable and quite effective. This is how we intend to create a corporate identity for our food truck business.
- A unique company logo developed
- … our food truck is our first messenger
- Place ads on print and electronic media platforms
- Make sure our employees always wear our branded shirts during working hours, and we also make sure to label our vans, trucks and cars, etc.
- Place our flexi banners with our company logo and contacts in strategic positions
- Sponsor relevant TV, radio and community shows
- Develop our company website to promote our company
- Leverage on the Internet and social networks such as; Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Badoo, Snap Chat, Google+ and other platforms to promote our corporate brand
- Install our electronic bulletin boards in strategic locations
- Distribute our leaflets and flyers from time to time in targeted areas
Competitive strategies for the truck industry
Competition has been called a hidden blessing by business experts. It’s because of the way our competition is forcing us to sit down and do whatever is necessary. It also helps bring out the best in us which allows us to outperform other brands as we work really hard.
The number of food trucks in the United States has increased in recent years. Naturally, an increase in the number of food trucks will lead to increased competition in the industry; food trucks will struggle to sell.
There are several ways in the industry to set yourself apart, especially if you are operating your food truck business in the United States of America. Selling food and drink at prices just below your competition’s prices will give you leverage.
Another idea that will give you leverage in the industry is to make sure your food truck is a versatile mobile restaurant. As such; make sure you get involved in selling a variety of foods, snacks, and drinks (organic and non-organic foods, etc.).
Marketing ideas relevant to our food truck business
- Profitable ways we intend to advertise / promote our food truck business without using the internet
The food truck business is a business that requires little local adjustment to turn low sales into good sales. For example; If you are in a place where sales are very slow, you can change your location and move to a place where you think you can generate more income and sell more of your products. It’s just a matter of driving to your destination. We intend to use multiple ways to advertise or market our mobile food truck business ;
- The brand of our food truck; our food truck is our first messenger
- Place advertisements on national TV channels, radio stations and newspapers / magazines
- Sponsor an appropriate community program
- Install our Bulletin Board account in strategic locations
- Distribute our flyers and flyers from time to time in specific places
- Ensures our employees wear our designer shirts at all times during office hours.
- Through direct marketing
- Submit bids and bid on contracts
- Online Marketing (through our official website, social media platforms and blog, etc.)
- Business partners for revenue distribution (communication with event organizers, facility managers and contractors, etc.)
Ways to cut costs we plan to market / promote our food business online
We are well aware that the internet is currently the largest advertising / promotion platform of any business, and there is a good thing about advertising on the internet, much cheaper than other conventional advertising platforms. That is why we will make sure to use all the media available on the Internet platform to advertise our food truck activity.
These are the ways we intend to use the internet to advertise / promote our food truck business. :
- Use on social networks such as; Instagram, Facebook, Badoo, Snap Chat, YouTube, Twitter, Google +, etc.
- Use mobile apps to promote our food truck
- Create an interactive business website and use the platform to promote our food truck business
- place ads on high traffic sites
- blogging and using the platform to promote our food truck activity
- use an email marketing strategy to advertise and promote our food business
Creative marketing ideas specific to our Food Truck business
With social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, it has become easier for the customer to find where their favorite food or food truck will be at any given time.
We use social media platforms to provide the latest news on where we are, where we’ll be in a few hours, the type of menu we have on board, and any special discounts available at any time. At the same time, it will be much easier for our food business to attract customers and increase sales.
Without a doubt, technology is the primary marketing tool for the fast food industry. In fact, there are mobile apps that customers can use to track their favorite van. The other strategies we will adopt are to make sure that our food truck is properly labeled and that we always play good music on our truck.
The truth is, people are naturally drawn to colorful designs and great music. We will also communicate with event managers; they are in the best position to help us increase our sales, especially when participating in outdoor events.
- Possible ways to increase customer loyalty
The joy of any business owner is not only to sell their products, but also to generate repeat sales from their customers and attract new customers. To increase customer retention of your business from fast food restaurant, you need to make sure that your products will always be of good quality, your customer service is excellent, and your customers can easily find the food, snack or drink they are looking for when they come to your place.
Another key strategy you should use to increase your customer loyalty is to use CRM software to manage your customer base and make sure that you are using technology (Facebook, Twitter, and mobile apps) to stay connected with your customers.
- Increase brand awareness and corporate identity of Food Truck
Your brand has to do with how people perceive you; This is why it is important to communicate and consciously promote your brand. You should use print and electronic media to promote your brand and corporate identity. In fact, using social media to promote your brands is profitable and quite effective.
Finally, part of what you need to do to promote your brand and corporate identity is to label your food truck; Your food truck is your first brand ambassador. You can also sponsor community programs.
- Creation of a network of suppliers / distributors
Food vans create their own markets; hence, they make sure they are looking for sources where people will need their services and products. One of the strategies you need to adopt to maintain sales is interacting with event managers and facility managers; they can help you increase your sales.
When it comes to buying food ingredients and raw foods, it’s best to find a farmer’s market near you. You can get the best price at the farmers markets.