Are you tired of your teaching job and want to take on a new challenge with a good salary? here are the 50 best high-paying career change ideas for teachers in 2021.
In 2014, the Huffington Post ran an article “It Looks Like A Lot of Teachers Are Leaving the Classroom.” More happiness. ”This article has discussed some of the challenges teachers face on a daily basis and how poorly they are rewarded for their efforts.
Without a doubt, teaching is one of the most underrated professions in the world because you work with students from all walks of life and with a variety of mental abilities, but you need to captivate everyone and make sure no one is not left out. Teaching is more of a service to humanity than a job, because a teacher can never be adequately compensated for the type of sacrifice he makes on a daily basis.
Therefore, it is quite understandable that a teacher can sometimes think of a career change. Whether you’re retiring as a teacher and looking to start a new career, or just tired of teaching in the classroom, we have at least 50 different professions you can consider:
50 Best High-Paying Career Change Ideas For Teachers In 2021
1. Business Coach: You can use your professional training and teaching experience to become a business coach. Most companies need the services of trainers to train their staff. As a corporate instructor you can get more rewards and working conditions than being a teacher.
2. Work in testing companies . Several companies specialize in creating and organizing aptitude tests for recruitment, undergraduate programs, entrance exams and drug tests. In such companies, you can create and evaluate tests.
3. Sales representatives . One of your strongest teaching skills is the ability to generate enthusiasm about topics to get people interested in what you have to say. This is also a very important skill for sales reps, and you can easily use this skill to be successful as a sales rep.
4 . Work for publishing houses . You can work with publishing companies to edit and organize manuscripts on behalf of your clients.
5. Tutoring of special children: Special children with learning difficulties often need the help of special teachers. Parents of children with dyslexia, ADHD, and other learning disabilities often hire specialist teachers to help their children. If you like helping people, it’s a good career.
6. Online training. You can join websites offering online learning services for high school students. They help children with homework and lessons which they may find difficult. It is still academic work, but at least you can do it in the comfort of your home.
7. Amazon / Createspace Publishing: Another idea is to write and publish your own books on platforms like Amazon, which allows you to easily write and publish your own books without spending a dime on marketing and editing.
8. Application Developer: The education industry still needs many applications to facilitate learning. You can earn money by developing educational apps. With your teaching experience, it will be easier for you to develop useful applications.
9. Director of Education Program: You can work with museums, zoos, resorts, cruise ships, and resorts to develop educational programs for visiting children.
10. Freelance Writing: You can work on freelance platforms such as Upwork or Fiverr, offering bloggers, website owners and developers, as well as writers who need to have content written for them, freelance or ghost writing services.
11. Curriculum Designer: You can help create and customize programs for schools, school boards, and other organizations through educational programs.
12. Cyber School Teacher: Many students use home schooling opportunities when they can go to school on the Internet. You can work as a cyber school teacher in schools that offer these online learning opportunities.
13. Real estate agent: Another profession that you can easily excel in using your educational skills is the real estate agency. As a teacher, you are already an expert in listening to people and helping them solve problems. This skill can be used to help people buy, sell and rent real estate.
14. Children’s Hospital Teacher: Another career opportunity that you can take advantage of is teaching children who are bedridden in children’s hospitals.
15. Prison teacher: You can work in prisons to teach inmates who want to receive education in prison.
16. Electronic library . You can start your own electronic library and earn money by borrowing books online. You can also sell eBooks online.
17. Study Groups: You can create study groups for college or high school students interested in after-school programs. You can also help students prepare for important exams such as the SAT and PSAT.
18. Teacher of arts and crafts . With training in fine arts education, you can set up a craft school or learning center to train children and adults in making various arts and crafts. If you can’t afford to start a learning center, you can easily make money online on platforms like YouTube or by setting up a site or blog for subscribers.
20. Director of Operations: Another idea is to work in nursing homes or retired as director of education programs.
20. Teach English: Your experience as an English teacher can be used to teach English to foreigners and immigrants. You can also design and sell English lessons, DVDs, and other study materials.
21. Counselor / Advisor teacher : If you are tired of teaching in the classroom but not tired of working in schools, you can go to Academic Council to help students meet their personal challenges and school.
22. Kids Party Planner: You are already doing very well with children; You can hone these skills to become a party planner.
23. Ceremonial Leader: Another way to effectively use your skills outside of the classroom is to become a leader in corporate events, parties, and children’s events.
24. Nanny. You can make a lot of money per hour by providing childcare services to interested parents. Many parents would be more comfortable with a former teacher looking after their children because you are already doing very well with the children.
25. Motivational speaker: A motivational speaker earns a lot of money every year. You can hone your good speaking and communication skills to become a well-paid motivational speaker. You can even write and sell motivational books.
26. Politician: You can follow in the footsteps of people like Elizabeth Warren, Lyndon. B. Johnson, Justin Trudeau and even ex-President Barack Obama. All of these people were teachers who became successful politicians.
27. Author: As a retired teacher, there’s no better time to start working on the ideas you’ve always had. You can write and publish educational books, memorabilia from your teaching experience or fiction.
28. Educational Communication: Another suitable profession for retired teachers is educational communication. As an experienced teacher, you can help train teachers and help find jobs in schools where there are vacancies.
29. Training Computer: Your training and experience as a professor of computer science may be useful for the establishment of a computer training center for children, adults and professionals. You can teach them to use computers or to use different software and software packages.
30. Copywriting: Good copywriters make thousands of dollars a year. If you want a career that doesn’t take you away from home, you can become a copywriter who writes sales copies and other sales materials to clients.
31. Work in museums. Museums and other historic sites typically use the services of people who can tell stories and explain the value of various materials and sites to their clients. You can easily work in any of these roles.
32. Entrepreneur: With good problem-solving and listening skills, and the ability to explain things to people, you can perform well in an entrepreneurial role.
33. Grant and Business Plan Writing: Your good writing skills and attention to detail can be used as a business plan writer that helps potential and existing business owners write brilliant grant proposals and business plans and business plans for their business. …
34. Start a private school: if you can afford to pay, you can own it. You can start a private school and then hire other teachers to work for you.
35. Psychologist: Teachers can also be good psychologists. If you don’t mind going back to school to get your psychology degree, you can easily transition from a teaching career to a clinical psychology career.
36. Personal Trainer: Your teaching skills as a physical education teacher can be used to become a personal trainer. You can work out in the gym or with private clients looking to improve their health and fitness.
37. Parallel Lawyer: Your good research skills can be used in the legal industry. You can go to work as a lawyer in a law firm.
38. Youth organizations: Another career change idea for teachers is to work in non-profit organizations targeting young people as a program director or other significant role.
39. Adult Care: Another idea is to become a caregiver for adults and the elderly.
40. Movie Script: Your storytelling skills can generate impressive income as a screenwriter.
41. Summer Camp Organizer: If you don’t mind a seasonal but very lucrative business, you may want to consider hosting summer camps for kids.
42. After-school care: Parents who work late sometimes prefer to enroll their children in after-school programs rather than leaving them alone or in the care of caregivers. You can earn money by developing any of these programs.
43. Teacher: Another career change idea to consider as a teacher is to become a teacher. You may need to enroll in further studies and earn a higher degree to qualify as a lecturer, but it will be worth it in the end, as teachers usually earn more and are offered better working conditions. as teachers.
44. Translation / Transcription Services: You can also help your clients transcribe legal or medical documents or convert audio scripts into written documents.
45. Journalist: You can also change careers to become a journalist. As a teacher, public communication is one of your strongest skills, and you can easily excel as a journalist with this skill.
46. Magazine Editor: Another idea is to start publishing magazines. You can publish educational or non-educational journals, whichever you think will sell the fastest in your area.
47. Web designer . Web design is a very profitable business these days. You can easily offer web design services from home, part time, or as a full time career. You can also add other IT services like graphic design, video editing services and other related services to increase your earning potential.
48. Keeping books : If you teach a topic related to accounting or bookkeeping, you can start an accounting firm to assist small business owners in your area to manage their books, save taxes and offer advices. services in exchange for good income.
49. Credit counseling. Nowadays, many people sign up for credit counseling programs to solve their debt problems. As a teacher, you already know how to listen to people, teach them and convince them to do what you advise. These are great skills you can use to get to the top of your credit counseling career.
50. Law enforcement officer . You can also start a career in law enforcement. Teachers are naturally trained to apply rules and discipline, so you won’t find a career in law enforcement too bizarre or unfamiliar.
In conclusion, while there are many career change options, you can explore as a teacher. The key is to figure out what strong skills you have, and then figure out what other professions or industries generally need people with those skills. You can also start a second career with teaching (especially online), which you can use to complement your teaching job and for another interesting career outside of teaching.